Sign in to follow this  

Anyone have an 07' RM250 Ride report ??

Post up your 07' RM250 ride reports and thoughts on 06' 07' differences...

isnt it just BNG!!?? (bold new graphics)

Actually they changed quite a bit..New porting specs for more low end and they raised the countershaft sprocket...Some other changes too.

Nothing ? I saw some 07' RM 125's at the shop the other day and they looked really nice with the new seat...

I was a member there before here..There is much more activity here in the 2 stroke sections...

No one has rode one or knows of anyone who has ???

Thinking of getting this bike over the KX

There was a ride report in the recent issue of Dirt Bike magazine....They said the bike felt strong but it was a little slower than the 06' model...

isnt it just BNG!!?? (bold new graphics)

New Features

New seat now features textured side panels for maximum rider control

New Engine

Redesigned cylinder exhaust ports to improve power and torque output at mid-high rpm range and maximum roll on acceleration - Main exhaust ports are enlarged to 42.6mm - Sub-exhaust ports are re-shaped to be narrower and shorter - Port timing is advanced by 0.5mm

New Chassis

Engine placement has been revised by tilting the engine slightly forward in the chassis. As a result the drive sprocket is now 3mm higher, resulting in a more stable movement of the swingarm and improved rear wheel traction in the whoops.

Front and rear suspension settings are revised to work with new drive sprocket position and for improved traction

Front fork upper holder is now removed for reduced weight

.... certainly not just BNG for the 250 at least, the changes are listed on suzuki.com

Do you okes think it is gonna be a top contender for the shootouts

Does anyone have anything to add to this thread.

Likes and dislikes.

Anything you have heard.

Does anyone have a link to a 07 250 2T shootout??

The two articles I read kinda gave the impression that the 07' is good but was lacking some of the low end that the 06' had. They did state they felt the 07' had a little better handling at higher speeds though. That was about the only two things they seemed to comment on other than what brand they prefered more. With the exception of the ktm 250, seems like even though they have made small changes in the 2strks this year you would be better off saving the money and buying last years model.

i have herd that the 06 rm250 (My bike) out did the 07. it was faster. more overall power. easyer handling in the toughest terrain. but the 07 was more of a mx bike then anything. so if you want a rm and ur just doin mx then there u go

2 strokes for lyfe:prof: