Sign in to follow this  

Header/Muffler Options ???

Ok, so i know that when i do get a new tail pipe im getting the Scorpion E markered Can (removable Baffles).

But what i am unsure of is header pipes :ride: I could obviously stay standard, or go with the scorpion header! If i was to go with something like the Powerbomb, would it link up correctly? Or are they only meant for use with the FMF mufflers?

Bassically i want to know if you can mix and match headers - mufflers? or is it a big no no :applause: !

I know that header and muffler would require a rejet, but how would i know what jetting optinos i would need?

I'm not to clued up on jetting and carb things, any help is most appreciate. :thumbsup:

You should use the search function - there is a ton of information to help you understand your options. I've never heard of anyone mixing aftermarket exhaust components, just slip ons with stock headers.

ex manufacturers dont design their pipes to mate with others so any that go together are coincidental. There is no reason you cant mix and match but you will have trouble finding ones that go together. You'll need to take into account mid-pipe length and diametre and muffler inlet diametre. It can be done but not easily. If you're set on the scorpion can, then go with scorpion header and save yourself the trouble and expense of mating it up with the midpipe and header from another co.

Some manufacturers sell their systems as modular components (Hindle for example-I dont want to sell you one but it is an option that doesnt get much attention- dont know of others but that is the route I went and for that reason, if I smash my header I can replace just it, if I bend my mid pipe installing it, I can replace it, if I dont like tha sound of the large round can, I can install the small oval c-f can....)

Jetting will be a bit of a guess. Start with the settings for the yosh and fine tune from there, there really isnt that much difference between systems-certainly not as much as the manufacturers claim. Jetting differences between a full yosh and something made of components of several systems (assuming they are fitted cleanly and are appropriatly sized) will still only be one main jet size or a clip position on the needle.

BTW-having said all of this, I am not an expert. I doubt you'll be able to cobble together a system as good as one you can buy but you'll have fun doing it.

Having looked at the Scorpion system, I don't think it will fit anything except the stock header or their own one.

It looks as if they do away with the mid-pipe gasket so it is a little smaller than the stock system.

The FMF will not fit.

The only other "E" marked system with a removable baffle is the Remus one, which I am told will fit the FMF header.

Neil. :thumbsup::ride::applause:

Funnily enough I'm right now in the process of looking for a race end can to fit onto the end of my CRD system...

Long story short: I replaced the the stock end can with a CRD Absolute Performance II enduro spec can and link pipe (louder than stock but fairly quiet and baffled). Then I bought the CRD header pipe as well.

Now I'm looking to use the CRD header and link pipe but replace the end can with a straight through race can. the tail of the link pipe is about 50mm which by happy coincidence is the same dia as will take a good number of race can slip on's (loads of them use 50mm links). So I'm currently trawling fleabay and bothing the selleres by getting them to measue their link pipe inlet diameters.

The only other "E" marked system with a removable baffle is the Remus one, which I am told will fit the FMF header.

Neil. :thumbsup::applause::applause:

Well having browsed the net, i can find a Remus Freeride for 215GBP! I know i can get the scorpion at retail price for 208.

At British Superbikes in a month or so im going to order the pipe trade. If i have enough i'll get the full system! It'll be worth the wait, just to save sum money!

Been looking at Kientech aswell, and i'll probably get the DJ kit and then possibly do a 3x3 by drilling the side panel.

More Power I want! But i want 2 be able to revert it back to 33bhp is needs be!

Woops Naughty me :applause::applause::applause::ride:

Funnily enough I'm right now in the process of looking for a race end can to fit onto the end of my CRD system...

Long story short: I replaced the the stock end can with a CRD Absolute Performance II enduro spec can and link pipe (louder than stock but fairly quiet and baffled). Then I bought the CRD header pipe as well.

Now I'm looking to use the CRD header and link pipe but replace the end can with a straight through race can. the tail of the link pipe is about 50mm which by happy coincidence is the same dia as will take a good number of race can slip on's (loads of them use 50mm links). So I'm currently trawling fleabay and bothing the selleres by getting them to measue their link pipe inlet diameters.

How loud is the CRD APII? I've got a 2000E and the standard can is unbaffled so I've fitted a Scorpion end can which is still pretty loud as its unbaffled. The CRD was the next option.