Sign in to follow this  

Jetting Experts, Need Your Opinion

Is there any advantage to this JD kit http://jdjetting.server304.com/xcart/product.php?productid=53&cat=1&page=1 over the Dynojet 3109 kit? I know with the Dynojet kit you really only use the needle and spring and have to buy separate main and pilot jet. Is this also the case with the JD kit? Which kit has the best needles? I'm getting ready to order a jetting kit and would like to get the best one for the $.

I have the '05 CA E model, ride 0 - 3000ft (mostly), stock motor, stock pipe with 1 3/8" mod, and will do 3x3 (pull the rubber snorkel) at time of rejet. Thanks much for your advice! :thumbsup:

i have not used one yet as its brand new.

JD knows how to make needles.rest assured that the kit works.

if oyur asking is its worth swtiching from a DJ kit to a JD kit,i doubt it.

Am I reading the description right.....there are needles for low and high elevation?

I thought the needles were just adjusted to a different clip setting for low/high altitude, so what would be the advantage of a different needle for high altitude.....different taper? :thumbsup:

Advantage of different needles for altitudes is you can change 3 (or more) calibrations (dia, length, and taper plus clip position) rather than just 1 (moving the clip up or down).

So do I understand from this post that James Dean (JD Jetting) is finally making a kit or the Mikuni carb?

So do I understand from this post that James Dean (JD Jetting) is finally making a kit or the Mikuni carb?

Yup it looks that way. I have had an off-idle bog issue since I installed the DJ kit. I've got it pretty well tuned out now with Eddie's help but I wonder if this "high altitude" needle would be better for those of us in 3500' and up elevation....?

Does anyone know what jets are supplied in the new JD kit? Doesn't look like it comes with a new spring, but from what I understand the spring supplied in the DJ kit is exactly the same as the stock one and is optional. Is this true?

Does anyone know what jets are supplied in the new JD kit? Doesn't look like it comes with a new spring, but from what I understand the spring supplied in the DJ kit is exactly the same as the stock one and is optional. Is this true?

The spring in the DJ kit is softer than stock.

The spring in the DJ kit is softer than stock.

Softer spring provides what exactly? :thumbsup:

There are two springs in the DJ ket. One is tiny and is a spare. The big one is the slide return spring and is shorter and weaker than stock. Installing it helps with throttle response.