Need input Kxf-450 maintenance

Hi Guy ! I woukld like to know, how the big kxf is maintenance wise. Like for oil and filter oil change ( do you have 2 drain plug ,or only in the base like a 2 stroke, do you have to slack and push away the head pipe to change filter like the old Yam) , what about the valve , Cam chaine is it an automatic chain tensioner, or manual like the RMZ , to check the oil is it a dip stick or a window. What about the air box is it well made or is it like a lot of recent Honda , and that you have to modify. I know its a lot of question, but i want to buy a new 450 ( not sure between the Kawi and Suzuki maybe even the Yam ) but before to make my move i want to look at all aspect of it, and on a four stroke the maintenance is hight, so for me its important.

Realy i prefer the Green one, but what all the magazine said about the handling of the Suzuki and the feeling of a big bike with the Kawi make me hesitate. Please give me your input if you have ride both.

Rode both last weekend, both are very good at what they do. It comes down to what you want from the bike. The RMZ has arm ripping low end, but very little overrev. If you pin it out of turns the rear may slide out depending on track conditions. It also turns sharper than the KXF. I would describe the RMZ as a supercross bike. Throttle control is key. It cuts tighter corners and the power comes on quicker.

The KXF is the total opposite, more pull throughout the powerband after the initial roll on. I thought the suspension was better on the KXF also. It also turns better than the RMZ on wide sweeping turns. I would describe the KXF as an outdoor bike to the zukes SX bike.

It really boils down to what you prefer in your bike.

As for maint, there are two screws to drain the oil and a window. Very easy to change the oil and filter, two screws pop the filter cover off, nothing is in the way unless you get some lowboy aftermarket exhaust. Auto cam tensioner also on the KXF. Airbox is no problem either.

Both bikes are good at what they do. It depends on your personal riding preference. Try to ride both if you can and then decide.

I totally agree with karterron's post. When I rode the RMZ , I liked it, but the rear suspension was kinda harsh, like it was bottoming out really easy. I know it wasn't my weight(I only weigh 178 lbs), but it just felt weird. However, it did turn really well. I would even venture out and say, it handled better than my old 2002 CR250. If you get a chance, ride both, you won't be disappointed with either bike.

I take off the skid plate, four extra screws when draining the oil, no biggie, so I can tilt the bike left and right to get more oil out. This prevents oil getting all over the skid plate. I also take the left side number plate off (1 screw), makes loosening the air filter, installing and wiping down the airbox easier for me.

?

thank you for the information , it will be very helpful ! I think i will go Green i realy love my KX-250 03 , i am a Kawi type of Guy , and both bike seem to be similar performance wise, and the Kawasaki seems to be easier to maintained ( side glass to check oil ) etc.... For the look i also prefer the KXF. So again thank's for your help.