Sign in to follow this  

Buy a used 2006 or wait for the 2007?

I currently have a 2002 YZ250f and I love it, but I think it is time for a new bike. From what I have heard, the newer ones handle a lot better than the 01 and 02's. I am a little worried about reliability though, becuase I have never had a problem with my bike.

The bike will be ridden at least three times a month, trails and track. No racing, just playing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - David

:thumbsup:

I just bought an 06 LE new for 4935 OTD. I know all the shootouts say the bike doesn't turn, but compared to my 02 YZ250F, it freakin rails! I let some friends ride it (both are fast guys) and they have their bikes up for sale!

You'll get a great deal on an 06 now. Rock River PowerSport (google them) in Wisconsin has some left over and they're letting them go cheap! Buy an 06. My 02, when I bought it, I had to do stuff to it to make it better. I'm just putting protective stuff (rad guards, bark busters, seal savers) and some bling on mine, it needs nothing!

Keep the green sticker '02 and just use your money for mods & tuning. Unless you are going to get a WR..... those are green sticker now.

I do like the green sticker, but not many places seem to check and when I do ride their it is usaully red sticker season. I thought about keeping it, but my wife thinks we already have to many bikes.

Just get the 06', you'll get it for cheaper, and the difference between the 07' and 06' wont be very noticeable. It's not like were Pros, I dont think your gonna ride a 250f to it's full potential.

Don't forget about the valve recall if you buy the '06. I know in the begining they were just recalling certain vin#'s but I believe they have now called for a total recall (could be wrong so do not quote me, you should check with your local dealer first)

Just make 100% sure whatever you do before purchasing an '06 used so you do not have any issues down the rode.

You should buy a new 2006 WR 250. I just bought a WR 250 from Bay Area Yamaha for $5,099 OTD. The guys name is Jeff. There is absolutely no hassle buying. The bike rails after you do the free mods plus you have a green sticker bike. The bonus is a push button start.