Sign in to follow this  

Electric Moto-cross

http://www.electricross.com/

check it out.....these things are kinda sick!

If anyone cares this was on their web site:

"You may find companies that claim to have electric motorcycles that are faster/better/cheaper than ours. Don't believe it. It's a game where companies have to lie about their products because everyone else is doing it. We don't have to exaggerate. If you are in the area, come to our new Bay Area facility and see for yourself. "

Edit - They spec the weight at 140 lbs ready to ride...

yeah, just dont ride in the rain or accidentally hit puddles or crash into a lake :thumbsup:

dude those are acutally kinda cool i didnt like the idea a few years ago i like the loud ssound of 2smokers and thumpers. but one day im sure this will take over your precious 4 strokes just like our 2 strokes

Video of the guy dong the 65ft table was pretty sick. Looks like fun to me.

Lets see where this technology is in 3 years...

I'd like to see the torque #'s for it. Electric motors can produce an amazing amount of torque so don't let the hp #'s fool you into thinking it's slow. Probably very light also. I wouldn't mind having one of those for my backyard track.

i dont know about the light part it's got to have a battery think how heavy the batteries for e-starts are now and that's just for an e-start imagine having to store the power for that bike would have to be a large battery.

DAMN, the videos show a pretty sick ride! Watch those vids then post up.

yeah, just dont ride in the rain or accidentally hit puddles or crash into a lake :thumbsup:

The place is close to me and I went up there to check em out. They are sooooo sick! and totally water proof! you could literally ride through a lake!

The place is close to me and I went up there to check em out. They are sooooo sick! and totally water proof! you could literally ride through a lake!

OMG i would get one right now if it was not 6000$ :thumbsup: that is the future of mx and mabe even enduro if it is waterproof. how far can you go on a charge?

Battery technology keeps getting better and better. These bikes will get lighter and more powerful in the next few years. Also remember that an electric motor can produce maximum HP at 0rpm.

yeah, just dont ride in the rain or accidentally hit puddles or crash into a lake :ride:

i get the impression that it is so fast it would probibly just skip along the water :thumbsup:

dude those are acutally kinda cool i didnt like the idea a few years ago i like the loud ssound of 2smokers and thumpers. but one day im sure this will take over your precious 4 strokes just like our 2 strokes

Blasphemy...NEVER!! :ride:

:thumbsup:

heh. the suspension on that is worth about 2k. It scares me, I can put that suspension on my mountain bike.

Would like to see where it is in a few years though

that thing seems pretty cool. but part of that 6g price tag is the front suspension those are fox 40s which run like 1200 so if they could get some oem lightish forks that would drop the price down alot. but the hole battery thing would get realy annoying, but... i was reading a atticle while waiting in the hospital awaiting x rays and engineers in mit had genetically engineered viruses to attrack iron and they culturer millions of them and spread them on a film then like treated them with chemicals. the batteries they created were thinner than a piece of paper but were 3x stronger than normal batteries. now if that technology could be applied to this then it might be a viable option. a super light battery mated to a light frame with a powerful motor. whoot whoot

:thumbsup: