05 Plastic on 04 TC??

I was curious and wondering if the plastic from the 05/06 bikes will swap right over on the 04's if the tank is changed as well. Will the 05 tanks fit the 04 frame? Is the frame on 04-06 the same? I have an 04 TC 450 like everyone else and like the look of the newer plastic plus i think i am going to have a problem with the side panels catching the top of my boots. I had the same problem on a 97-00 CR250 that had a panels very similar. I have yet to ride it with boots on to see if it will be an issue or not. I am still in the jetting/break in point.

The gas tank is the hardest part ($) to find. Start posting on TT for any one who has swapped to an IMS if they want to sell. The IMS is $225, stock is $340 or so. The seat can be had with cover installed from Husky for $140. Otherwise it's just the plastic, graphics, and the #plate brackets on the forks ($6).

I found out that the 04 Rooster radiator gaurds also dont fit, so there goes a few more $.

Hey yorkshirepud, I'm curious to find out how you like the Marzocchi Factory 45 kit? Do you notice any difference from stock? The kit seems pretty expensive (around $750 US) and retains the non-closed cartridge damping system. I must say, it sure looks trick though!

Honestly, no. It was essentially the difference you feel after a service, which is what Marzocchi UK had to do to fit them. I swapped because I damaged one of my lower legs and spent a bit of extra cash because they look great.

I'm suprised the Rooster guards don't fit because they look far less bulky than my CRD ones and I never took them off to fit the new plastic.

• 3 weeks later...