Sign in to follow this  

replacement exhaust for atk

Anyone know of a good replacement muffler for a 97 atk 350 ds? My stock supertrapp set up is lookin kinda skanky. I've heard some folks have had luck with big gun on their 605's, otherwise the only thing i've found is a FMF universal muffler. Anyone know of anything else?? Maybe some part #s?

The Big Gun is the only aftermarket pipe for the ATK that I know of which is made specifically for that bike. Otherwise, you have the universals that (by definition) really don't fit anything. The BG is well made, but unless you find one in stock at a dealer somewhere, the lead time could be rather long. My understanding is, the factory pools orders until they have enough demand to set up and make a small production run.

The stock muffler on my old '95 ATK 605 was replaced by the original owner and finally gave up the ghost on me in the '05 Sheet Iron.

I replaced it with a used muffler/spark arrester off a 520 KTM. I hack-sawed the old muffler off the rear pipe and welded the KTM pipe on after cutting off the connector part and the two bracket tabs.. Bent some strap aluminum from Home Depot for a bracket and I was good to go!:lol:

I'm sure I saw a 605 years ago with an Uptite exhaust. They really wake up the power on the Husky 610. You could call George to see if this pipe is still available. http://www.uptiteracing.com/news.htm

It is available in the sense George can make one for you if you want one. He would probably require having the bike there at the shop, the price given to me for one for my 605 was roughly $550.00, give or take a little.