Sign in to follow this  

seafoam in gas

I have been using Seafoam gas additive in my '80 tt250. The idea is to keep the gas from degrading between rides and to keep the carb clean. Recently a bike mechanic told me that Seafoam was too acidic and could cause problems. Has anybody heard this? Does anybody else use Seafoam or another brand of gas additive and what is your opinion and/or experience?

I swear by SeaFoam in my older bikes and use it regularly. I also believe that the crap they put in gasoline today (Ethanol, oxygenators, detergents, boosters, fillers, etc.) is far worse than any additive you buy in a can.

Fuel line and plastic pieces never rotted 25 years ago like they do now. :thumbsup:

Fuel line and plastic pieces never rotted 25 years ago like they do now. :thumbsup:

My 25 year-old fuel lines are pretty rotten, too.

My 25 year-old fuel lines are pretty rotten, too.

:ride:

I can't get more than about 2 seasons on fuel lines these days. Pump gas today is garbage. You should see what it does to fiberglass gas tanks. :thumbsup:

I swear by SeaFoam in my older bikes and use it regularly. I also believe that the crap they put in gasoline today (Ethanol, oxygenators, detergents, boosters, fillers, etc.) is far worse than any additive you buy in a can.

Oh...come on now...the plastic fuel lines on my BSA were like iron when they were only a couple years old...