Sign in to follow this  

im thinking about getting a 06 kx250f

How many hours can you get on a top end and valves on the 06 kx250f? How often do you adjust the valves/check them? How much dose it cost for a top end and valves if i do it my self, and is there any thing you don't like about this bike? I'm going to be using it for MX and some trail use, i ride about 5-15 hours a week if that helps? Thanks

my 06 has been an awesome bike.

we checked the valves for the first time at about 20 hours and they were in spec

beautiful!

my dads rmz250 has beeen an awesome bike 120 hours still starts 1st kick and is rode hard every time its out!

some ppl have had a couple problems with the 06 but just don't hold it at 13,500 rpm and it will be an awesome bike for u

but if ur worried the 07 is gonna be bulletproof

but u can't forget about those KTM's

my 06 has been an awesome bike.

we checked the valves for the first time at about 20 hours and they were in spec

beautiful!

my dads rmz250 has beeen an awesome bike 120 hours still starts 1st kick and is rode hard every time its out!

some ppl have had a couple problems with the 06 but just don't hold it at 13,500 rpm and it will be an awesome bike for u

but if ur worried the 07 is gonna be bulletproof

but u can't forget about those KTM's

Is the 06 kxf any better then your dads rmz and your old crf how do they all compair? How much better is the 07 from the 06? I herd your supposed to do the top end on a 250f once a year is that true?

Is the 06 kxf any better then your dads rmz and your old crf how do they all compair? How much better is the 07 from the 06? I herd your supposed to do the top end on a 250f once a year is that true?

compared to my crf that bike had lilke no bottom i was always clutching it but it had more top it pulled alot longer, but i think that had alot to do with the 1200 akrapovic pipe i had on it(ebay 200 lol) but i found it alot harder to get into the small inside ruts and stay there.i mainly upgraded beacuse the tranny oil was comming out really milky and i trashed it...

but i am very very glad i upgraded my kx kills it from bottom and almost has the top just 3rd gear won't last as long dosen't bother me just shift.i feel so much more comfterbal on my kx i can do 110 foot jumps rail berms and lay it flat.

my dads rmz 250 is a nice bike has pc exst and revalved suspension, i had to ride his bike for a race cause my chain snapped on my crf and took out my side casings that was fun lost all oil lol i almost shit myself :ride: ..lol sry differnt story it was a 25$ chain my bad.... but my bike is alot more respnsive and pulls harder and alot longer then my dads bike but i think his is starting to get a little worn out but my top end kills his bike :thumbsup: and suspension his bumps and clunks comming into corners my bike soaks it up nicely and glides into the corner

any more questions just ask! i am bored sitting at home with MONO!

o compliants.... my seat cover is rippping i think its because of my knee braces but my crf never ripped. kinda a piss off and thats it

how much dose it cost for a top end how often do you replace it? i ride like 5-15 hours a week on a mx track and some woods riding how long will the motor last for me?

how much dose it cost for a top end how often do you replace it? i ride like 5-15 hours a week on a mx track and some woods riding how long will the motor last for me?

top end would be about 200 and i haven't replace my top end and i don't plan on doing it.

dads rmz 250 has 120+ hours and its piston valves are stock

just change the oil about every 3-4 rides.