Sign in to follow this  

Piru this sunday...

This sunday as in...the 27th??? i just got a new bike (ktm250sxf) and was going to go to i-5mx but they have a race so ill be at Piru with a couple of friends. :thumbsup:

Since im doing break in, ill have to change my oil after riding for 30 min. Except ive never done the oil on this bike.... i hope i dont have too much trouble :ride:

How busy is the track usually? Safe enough for a novice 85 rider??

Also, how early do you need to get there for a good spot?

Track is fairly safe and easy, nothing to dangerous. parking shouldn't be a prob. I park in front by the tabletop againstthe fence.

#53 honda w/white van

Do this @ home 1st.

I would start your bike, let it run for a few minutes(warm up), then kill it let it cool

Repeat

3rd time take it out and cruise around without going above 1/2 trottle then let it cool down again!

4th time get on it alittle more , then let it cool

change oil

Your ready for sunday! :thumbsup:

i would do this, but my neighbors will call the cops. They've call the fuzz twice on me, once for my ktm85, and the other for my go-ped. I'd better not tempt them... :thumbsup:

you can keep an eye out for my KTM

ehhpics011.jpg

daaaaum, that's a nice bike. :thumbsup:

Mike, I would meet you out there but we are doing Comp Edge on sat. Then riding my bothers track out there

I alternate between the track and the des. from week to week unless something pops up that requires my being close to home and then I'll just shoot out to the track for a quickie in the morning. Mostly I'm at Piru because it's close but I really like the layout of I-5 right now so I might be heading there more often when I can.

So whos in for Piru sunday?

-me

-BigDeSto53....

You think you could help me out with my oil change?!?

:thumbsup::ride:

If I were there......Make sure you change your oil filter and grease your linkage too. :thumbsup: Also, check your spokes after every ride the first four or five rides as they will have a tendency to loosen up a bit.

its not brand new, its got 60 hrs on it, but a fresh piston and rings. Ill still do my oil filter, so i dont need to check the spokes, i dont even know how to grease my linkage...

It's very easy and a very good thing to do for your bike and it makes the bike ride a lot smoother if it is dry on grease.

i would do this, but my neighbors will call the cops. They've call the fuzz twice on me, once for my ktm85, and the other for my go-ped. I'd better not tempt them... :thumbsup:

What did you do to piss off your neighbors? Did you get drunk one night and piss on their rose bushes or something?

Or is you pipe too loud?

not to be racist but, its only the asian people who gang up on me and call the cops. My family is probably the loudest of all on the block. But thats only because we come out of our house... They just dont like noise. Even a while back, when i was riding my bike in the street doing wheelies, they came and told me not to ride in the street. pshh

where in the hell do you live? I'd be telling those people to kick rocks if they told me not to do wheelies on my bicycle.

great one my friends just backed out on coming, we've had been planning this for a week and a half..argh. now i really need some one to help me with my oil change :thumbsup:

What's the :thumbsup: for??? Is that code for something the rest of the us don't want to know about??? You aren't "funny" are ya?