Sign in to follow this  

What to do?

I know, that this is a stupid question due to manufacture prefrances, but here goes..

I've had nothing but problems with my 05 kx and I want a new bike. I am how ever in the decesision making proccess on what to get.

I've allways like and abused yamahas with no real problems. This kawi is nothing but a head ache but has alot of extras on it that I like.

What I'm wandering I should do is

buy a new yamaha and ride it and spend money on stuff I don't need [yes I like to waste money]

or

buy an new 06/or 07 kx250f and transfer the accessories that work from my 05 to the 06/07 and go from there

on a side note if I do get an kx and transfer would you guys suggest transfering the head since its been ported by Procircuit and is the same head. [i would have the valve seats and guids redone and new SS valves] Using the 06/07's cams & buckets.

also I have excell's talon/rim universal setup would they be able to work with the 06/07.. I think its just a matter of just switching the outter guids I think..

Damn this is hard to decide.. The reason I'm even considering these options as I'm gonna get screwed in selling my 05 with all the crap on it.

the 07 kx250f is gonna be a very very nice reiable bike,even tho my dad has a 2005rmz250 that has like 120 hours on it and the motor is still stock and he rides the shit out of his bike, my 06 has been bullet proof.

u must have just got a lemon, if i were u i would buy the 07 and transfer things over such as exst wheeels.!!

hope i helped.

and for 07 kawi basically changed everthing that u have been having problems with, motor is wayyy stronger and everything!

even tho i wish i could afford a KTM because they are beautiful!

you could take of the parts if you have the stock ones and put it on upgrades on ebay

I would do that but I don't have the stock stuff to put the bike back togther. =(

anyone know if my front tallon hub and excell rim with fit on an 06/07 kx250f? I'm looking at just going that route and i may just keep both bikes

by the way they are the universal hubs/rims but then again what is universal.