Sign in to follow this  

High Speed Compression Missing

Ok.... this is apparently going to sound very interesting to most people. While I was out riding, my bike suddenly bottomed out over a good sized tabletop. It's a brand new yz250f and it ran PERFECT up until then. I called the Yamaha dealer and they sent me to the shop that had set up my suspension. What had happened is that the High Speed Compression Dampner, basically just a screw (the one with the blue nut on the shock resevoir) had backed out and was lost. Pro Works told me I would have to buy a whole new shock to get that part so I had them send it back. Corporate Yamaha USA said they will have a look at it in a week or so and determine if they can help me.

What I am affraid of is the fact that it has been modified, even though the clicker was never touched. I want to know if it is possible to get one of the clickers for my shock? How much? Where? etc.

Was your shock taken apart for a revalve or anything before this happened? You said it was modified. :thumbsup: If it was, the shop is liable.

Yeah that's what I thought, but they said they never touched the high-speed and I lost the entire unit and spring when it happened so I have no proof of anything. I just have to go on his word :thumbsup: and figure it's a manufacturing defect I guess.