Sign in to follow this  

Fishing rod holder

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to mount a rod and reel besides just bungeeing in on. I bought this bike to use for fishing to get into more remote areas (away from people). Right now I throw it in my backpack but thats not cutting it. Thanks.

If your going to pretty remote places, I would try a multi piece rod. A full size rod is going to get caught on something. I fly fish, and have a travel rod that fits into my backpack, no problem.

For rods up to 11 feet, in two pieces I use a tube fixed to the left hand passenger peg, and the rear luggage rack.

It stays in line with the bike, but sticks up in the air, makes swinging your leg over a bit difficult, but so far the rod has stayed intact.

I just tie it on with cable ties.

Neil. :thumbsup::ride::applause:

I have a couple 4 piece 9' flyrods that I'll throw in my pack for long trips. For short trips or pool hopping I'll just break the rod down to two pieces and bungee it to my handguards. Works well but make sure the rod doesn't rub on anything since that will weaken the graphite.

I have a couple 4 piece 9' flyrods that I'll throw in my pack for long trips. For short trips or pool hopping I'll just break the rod down to two pieces and bungee it to my handguards.

A nearly 4 foot 6 inch wide DRZ, you don't ride in traffic do you ???

Or anywhere you can't drive a car :applause:

A nearly 4 foot 6 inch wide DRZ, you don't ride in traffic do you ???

Or anywhere you can't drive a car :applause:

You do have to be careful sizing things up and I ride to the right of the lanes. I have bounced them off of Sagebrush a few times.

Hope there not Sage rods, could get expensive.

Neil.

:thumbsup::ride::applause:

Yah a couple are and it does get expensive at $40.00 a pop to have them repaired.

I've had a wee telescopic rod I bought to live under the seat in the car, 8ft, collapses to about 18". Thought it was a bit of a gimick at the time but it wasn't expensive and I've since found it works as well as a "proper" rod (that is usually not at all). Haven't taken it with me on the bike yet but it's a damn fine idea...