Sign in to follow this  

Any 2005 450 Known Issues?

I just got this 2005 CRF450R last night.

I wanted to ask if a few here could post some links

of sum issues/problems/workarounds that an owner of this

model should be aware of please.

Thanks.

No big issues really. Just go over every bolt on the bike and make sure it is tightened to spec. Especially the kick starter. Check the spokes frequently, and the rear sprocket bolts.

Change the oil and clean the air filter regularly and ride.

ben

How many hours on the engine? Does it kickstart easily when cold? Unless it's just been done, you may want to measure the valve clearances and see if you need shims.

Regular Oil and air filter cleaning is key for long life.

Liquor :thumbsup::ride:

To add: There is a ton of info in this forum on getting and keeping the bike tip top. Search around for things you have questions on and I'm sure you'll find an answer.

I just got this 2005 CRF450R last night.

I wanted to ask if a few here could post some links

of sum issues/problems/workarounds that an owner of this

model should be aware of please.

Thanks.

the only thing that i saw alot of on the 05 was the balancer and rt crankshaft seal would push out of the cases and the engine would suck the trans fluid into the motor oil and overfill the engine and push the oil into the air box and wash the rings out and make a mess,

the 05 cases had the holes for the balancer and the crank seal machined to large and you needed to peen and lock tight the new seals into place and then you were golden -------all the crf bikes would do this but the 05 had the worst time with it ,----honda was actually replacing cases because of this :ride:

but the 05 is a great bike ! :thumbsup: