Sign in to follow this  

Pod filter for 450/510?

Wrestling the carb on and McGyvering the mid-pipe on is getting old. Does anybody offer a pod filter?

BTW, stock, dropping the top part of the subframe and swinging it away makes things a little easier but getting things on is still a hassle.

No, I'm contemplating a pod filter to make it easier to remove and install my large diameter exhaust system, pulling the carb all the way out of the bike and for some extra room for electronic wizardry that currently lives in my air box.

What pod filter silent H Gary running on his SM510R AMA bike?

Look at the snowmobile ones form the K&N main page. 3inch or 4 inch cones with the offset on the rubber flange. They also sell a pre-filter that slips over for real dusty work. You could buy another 90 degree plastic piece and drill a hole int he end of the filter to mount the 90 degree connector, mount the crank case vent hose to the filter, or just get a small filter to run that hose too.

Beleive the filter inside diameter you need for the 41FCR intakle flange is 2.5 inch

Trey, I'm overwhelmed. The page looks good but I'm not certain what size I need.

It was a bit much, but at least you can choose what dimensions you need to stay within and go from there. I am looking at soing the same and am sure I can find something that fits. All you need is the outer diameter of the carb and how much room you have where the airbox "was".