Sign in to follow this  

Gaerne Sizing vs. A-Stars Sizing?

I have a pair of sz. 9 Tech 6s that I've been wearing for about 6 years racing MX. They're getting kind of beat, I've gotta replace the whole sole (sharpened quad pegs chewed the living hell out of them) and it seems like the pieces around the ankles are more flexible than they really oughta be. So I'v ewatched the boots threas on here and am leaning toward the SG-10s. But nobody in my area carries them...everybody just carries Astars and Thor and Fox. How does sizing of Gaerne run against the Astars. I wear a 10&1/2 tennis shoe, if that means anything. My sz. 9 Tech 6s fit perfect. Suggestions on what size SG-10?

i purchased a pair of sg 10's. i wear a 10 and a half tennis shoe. they fit like a glove. get a size 10 in the boot!.......

I've had 2 pairs of Tech 8's, 1 pair of Fox Forma Pros, and currently wear SG-10's (by far my favorite). Size-wise they all fit the same, I wear size 10.5 or 11 tennis shoes (depending on the brand) and use Size 11 for MX boots. I would try on a NEW pair of A-Stars if they're readily available, then get the same size Gaerne's. I'd be very surprised if a 9 felt comfortable though, you'll be at least a 10, maybe an 11 like me.

Well, it was kinda weird. I bought the Tech 6s originally over the net, KNOWING that they might be too small, but they were a good enough deal I figured I'd just resell them if they didn't fit. But they fit me well. I sometimes wear a size 11 shoe (depends on the brand), but figured the 9s'd be too small, but they're not. I'll see if I can hunt down some Tech 8s for reference. There's a couple pair of SG-10s on eBay that're pretty good deals.