Sign in to follow this  

Wireless bicycle computers

I've used many bicycle computers (bothwired and wireless) on my pushies and would like to put one on my KLX-300.

Has anybody had any experiences, good or bad, with any particular brands or setups? I've always had 'issues' with the wireless transceiver on my MTBs, and a moto will have an even greater distance to cover.

I know most CatEyes let you enter any wheel circumference and you can choose miles or kilos. They also weigh about as much as a big sneeze.

Thanks for any opinions.

/Peter

Anybody used Trailtech's new "Vapor" model? Looks pretty neat!

I've heard the electrical system on a motorcycle interfers with the bicycle computers, so you may be better off getting one specificaly made for a motorcycle. Other than that, i've had a polor s710 that distance would not be a problem on, but it's $300 (now calle 720 I believe).

Anybody used Trailtech's new "Vapor" model? Looks pretty neat!

I recently installed the Vapor on my WR450, works great. I would have paid $99 for the water temp alone.

:thumbsup:

The wireless bicycle computers will be driven nuts by the EMI radiated by the plug wire, spark plug, and coil. You will get very erratic readings. I used a CatEye Micro on my RM465 for a while. It worked fine, but didn't hold up too long to the vibration that the big pinger made...but it was only about 20 bucks. Now I use a Trail Tech Endurance, and am very happy with it.

Guess I should put this in the KTM forum, but is this thing compatible with the aftermarket KTM fan?? Cuz I'm planning on gettin dat shit...

Guess I should put this in the KTM forum, but is this thing compatible with the aftermarket KTM fan?? Cuz I'm planning on gettin dat shit...
Trail Tech Computers are VERY friendly to KTM machines. Look at their website, and you will see. www.trailtech.net