Sign in to follow this  

Mysteries of the Universe Revealed

The Answer: Gradually.

The Question: Does the servo-controlled RC valve on Spode's 2003 CR250 open gradually over a rev range or snap open like a mechanical ball and ramp controlled one?

Now, let me try to answer some questions before they pop up -

This was done on my 2003 CR250. It has less than 4 hours on it and has only had Mobil 1 MX2T used for premix. Fuel is Amoco 93 pump. Temperature was 85 F and the relative humidity was, well, it sucks. Muggy enough to make you sweat like a hooker at a prayer meeting, okay?

I did not perform this test using a representative sample of machines nor did I use various years. I didn't check any other servo motors to see if there were any differences.

What does all the above have to do with anything?

Nothing really, but I figured I'd head off all the bomb-throwers at the pass. :ride:

I don't know how the RC Valve operates in a 2004 CR250 owned by a left-handed Albanian lesbian midget's brother, just how mine does. :thumbsup:

So, you can take the experience of a regular ol' spode who isn't trying to sell any advertising or make you think he knows more than anyone else in the solar system about bikes and doesn't try to cure shifting woes by changing the offset of his triple clamps...

or, you can believe what you read in a magazine that might resemble some of the above descriptions.

Hope it helps someone.

:applause:

PS: It's the midget that's left handed, not the brother.

So how do you know it opens gradually? better yet..how did you test it? tie a string with a quarter to the guiotines?:thumbsup: haha..

OK...Spode's '03 CR250...RC Valve...Gradual-open action...Got it.

Now, that left-handed Albanian lesbian midget's brother...does his camel have the updated shroud and side covers?

Thanks for the info.

I'm glad you answered my question, posted a while back on another thread.

"If it has a servo motor connected to the CDI, then I would think that the valves would open linear to the RPM, and not on and off as stated by some. I really haven’t looked into the system that well, so I too am ignorant as to operation and function."

I've been meaning to test mine, but you saved me the trouble!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info.

I'm glad you answered my question, posted a while back on another thread.

"If it has a servo motor connected to the CDI, then I would think that the valves would open linear to the RPM, and not on and off as stated by some. I really haven’t looked into the system that well, so I too am ignorant as to operation and function."

I've been meaning to test mine, but you saved me the trouble!! :thumbsup:

I don't have a tach to measure the starting point or the range it opens over, but it doesn't start opening until the revs have climbed noticeably and then moves gradually as it continues to rev.

:ride:

So how do you know it opens gradually? better yet..how did you test it? tie a string with a quarter to the guiotines?:thumbsup: haha..

I am not sure how these work because I never owned any CR250 newer than a 2001, but couldn't you simply pull the RC cover off and watch the cabling system to see if it snaps open or slowly opens?

I am not sure how these work because I never owned any CR250 newer than a 2001, but couldn't you simply pull the RC cover off and watch the cabling system to see if it snaps open or slowly opens?

That's what I did.

:thumbsup:

I don't have a tach to measure the starting point or the range it opens over, but it doesn't start opening until the revs have climbed noticeably and then moves gradually as it continues to rev.

Starts opening at about 3,000 RPM and is fully open by 8,000 RPM as indicated on my Sendec. I'm just glad to know I wasn't hallucinating :thumbsup: .

Starts opening at about 3,000 RPM and is fully open by 8,000 RPM as indicated on my Sendec. I'm just glad to know I wasn't hallucinating :thumbsup: .

Well, if you are then that makes two of us. :applause:

Might have been some bad barbeque! :ride: