Sign in to follow this  

Somebody stole my dr

If you see a nice looking '99 DR650, blue with a yellow gel seat, maybe a missing key, for cheap, Houston area, southeast Texas, it could be hot, and it could be mine. Thanks.

Sorry man... that sucks... May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his balls

and may his fingers turn into fish hooks!!!! :thumbsup:

Keep an eye on ebay - they'll sell off the parts...

any details on how it was stolen ? I would like to hear the scenario and maybe it will help prevent someone else from losing their bike too.....sorry about you bike hope it was insured, I worry about mine everytime I have to leave it outside at some business or at work etc....

I'm not infesting anyone's balls! No way!

Flea

c'mon Flea... you'll be doing a brother a service :thumbsup:

I'm sorry to hear that your's was stolen, my was about 2 weeks ago. The insurance company called and left a message for me today regarding their value of it. Seriously, how much would it cost to replace a 2003 DR650 with 6600 miles, factory rack and skid plate? I would like to know so I can argue with them if I feel their value is to low to replace it.

I paid 3500 for my '03 this past January on ebay. Stock, no skid plate, with 450 babied miles. I think I got a deal -- it could have gone for 3900, IMO.

Sorry to hear about stolen bikes -- man, that blows!

If you see a nice looking '99 DR650, blue with a yellow gel seat, maybe a missing key, for cheap, Houston area, southeast Texas, it could be hot, and it could be mine. Thanks.

That sucks; sorry to hear it.

For purposes of helping me learn what works and what doesn't, would you consider sharing what kinds of antitheft equip, if any, was on the bike at the time? I live in an apartment with no garage and so am a little paranoid.

I have a kryptonite disc lock on the back disc, and keep one of those Kryptonite snake cables chained to a fencepost at work but I don't have anything to chain it to here at home.

BN: the kryptonite disc lock is too big to be secured in the DR's helmet lock. :-( Might give it away and look for another one that does fit. Or might make a heavy ziptie extender or something. Right now I stuff it in the toolkit tube, but it's a tight fit.

Sorry, I can't help you on anti-theft strategy, If I had of tied a piece of kite string to the bike and the other end to a brick, it would have been better than what I'd done, which was nothing. I live in a world where people don't steal other people's stuff, I had it covered with a tarp in my back yard, I've never had the newspaper stolen out of the front yard in 30 years. I was foolish. There you go, I can help, don't be foolish, any anti-theft is better than nothing.

Dave