Sign in to follow this  

1993 RMX 250 Opinions

I am looking at a 1993 RMX 250.Any thoughts.I am looking for a trail/sand pit bike but want something to keep up to my Buddies KTM 200 EXC.

Don't worry, the RMX will motor along with even some modified 200's. As long as you do a few things if it's totally stock..

The 93 has NO restrictors in the carb like the years before. The main thing is to rid the bike a that heavy, black, poer robbing stock silencer if it still on there. You could go aftermarket or find one from a RM250, I think you can fit 89 to 94's on there, but not 100% about the years. Next thing it get a head gasket from rm250 in it and the compression will jump and the power will increase nicely.. even with a stock double walled epa legal pipe, it will run will the 200...

just like everyone else, I love my RMX. I have an 89, nothing major done to it other than the powervalve adjustment and I am putting on my PC Pipe and silencer tonight. The bike has a lot of power and is smooth too.

Enjoy!

I owned a 95 model and I don't think any 200 no matter what brand would stay up with it. Of course it wasn't stock either.

the RMX's are similar to the KDX style of riding. They are great trail bikes.

Similar to the KDX250, yes, but not the 200/220. They are designed purpose trail bikes. The RMX is based off of the RM250 MX'er.

Similar to the KDX250, yes, but not the 200/220. They are designed purpose trail bikes. The RMX is based off of the RM250 MX'er.

The KDX250 was a pig, heavier slower and handled not as good, RMX was in production for 10 years the kdx250 2 maybe.... Comparing a KDX250 to the RMX is like comparing a WR450 to a DRZ400 almost... No one on the KAw Off Road team raced the 250, they were all on 200's or modified KX's... The RMX was actually raced in the National Enduro Series by Randy Hawkins in 93

Anyone need a manual for one????

RMX Manual

it's mine and is at $1.50 right now, beats $40 from the stealer...

if I'm out of bounds mods, sorry and edit it out....

Don't worry, the RMX will motor along with even some modified 200's. As long as you do a few things if it's totally stock..

The 93 has NO restrictors in the carb like the years before. The main thing is to rid the bike a that heavy, black, poer robbing stock silencer if it still on there. You could go aftermarket or find one from a RM250, I think you can fit 89 to 94's on there, but not 100% about the years. Next thing it get a head gasket from rm250 in it and the compression will jump and the power will increase nicely.. even with a stock double walled epa legal pipe, it will run will the 200...

which years had carb restriction?

ive seen videos of bottom end rebuilds and they use a puller tool to take out magneto, does it require doing that/ that tool?

Removing the flywheel requires a special puller. It's an inexpensive tool and can be usually found at a dealer.

Removing the flywheel requires a special puller. It's an inexpensive tool and can be usually found at a dealer.

lol that was supposed to be in a different thread, but thanks anyway