Sign in to follow this  

Sale of Dirt Bike and Registration Help

I have posted my dirtbike for sale and there is a man who wants it. I live in Oregon, and he lives in Washington. The bike is a 1982 Yamaha Enduro and does not have a Title. I have owned it for 2.5 yrs. It does have an Oregon ATV sticker and is registered to me. I would issue a Bill of Sale at the time of purchase and sign over the registration on the current OHV sticker. The potential buyer says Washington will not allow him to get an ATV sticker unless the bike is titled. My new Kawasaki was titled when purchased but not an 1982 bike. Is this for real?

Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Ken

How easy is it for you to get the title? It would make the sale go a whole lot easier having the title rather than just a bill of sale. He would be able to register it with a bill of sale after it goes through a state check. That would take some time because he would have to make an appointment with the State Patrol to check it. However, he may not be able to get a Washington title for three years.

Just go to your DMV and file for a title. You sould be able to do it as a non-titled vehicle (or something of that sort). Maybe as a lost title? In any case, once the state determines that it's not stolen, they should be able to issue you a title.

I never have considered titling the bike since it was not necessary. I brought it to Oregon in 2004 from Utah with a BOS from the seller. Oregon said "Fine" and issued an ATV sticker, no questions asked. I figured why title it since DMV gets plenty of my money without more for a dirt bike title.

Yes, IT465 2smoke. Very Fast! It will jerk your arm off, but, it feels good!

Hey Dez,

I have a little green thing that would seriously test your faithfulness to that red thing you have! Ok, I admit. After 60mph, I would be pelted with roost. But up till 60, you might have to peddle extra hard!

Hey Dez,

If I got out the IT465, I have not doubt I could win the hole shot! The rest is pure speculation because you see, I would have my arms ripped off! Fast!

We will ride!