Sign in to follow this  

03' drz-125 nitrous kit help

Hey all. I just installed a nitrous kit I got off Ebay on my 03' DRZ-125. My problem is when I hit the trigger all that happens is my bike sputters a little bit. I'm thinking it's not getting enough gas. Is there any adjustment I can make to the stock carb? The only other mods I have is a BBR exhaust and the top is cut out of my airbox.

Thanks in advance for any help!...PB

DSCF2487.jpg

DSCF2488.jpg

Nitrous alone won't make any more power.

There has to be some separate system to add extra fuel along with the nitrous.

That can't really be done with carburetor adjustments.

Nitrous alone won't make any more power.

There has to be some separate system to add extra fuel along with the nitrous.

That can't really be done with carburetor adjustments.

It worked for like a 1000 other people according to the sellers feedback :thumbsup:

did you put in a colder sparkplug and jet the carb richer? Maybe run some 100 octane gas. It could be getting too much nitrous and instead choking the engine. Try and ask the seller what the problem is.

did you put in a colder sparkplug and jet the carb richer? Maybe run some 100 octane gas. It could be getting too much nitrous and instead choking the engine. Try and ask the seller what the problem is. And LOTS of people run dry nitrous (nitrous only, no fuel added) with great results.

LOL that's a C02 mountain bike tire inflator with a little high pressure hose on it.............

:thumbsup:

Won't be much of a race if all your nitrous does is make your engine sputter.

Won't be much of a race if all your nitrous does is make your engine sputter.

It sputters because the little 12 gram cylinder is CO2 not N2O. Carbon dioxide is a fire supression agent, maybe thats the problem.

I have never seen nitrous even sold in those little disposable cylinders to fit the

tire inflator he has mounted on his handlebar. The line is macroline from a paintball gun. It also comes in Blue, Black, Grey and Green. Personally I would have chosen Black.

I'll take the race, even if the bulb i that system actually does have N2O in it, you'd be able to out accelerate me for like ten feet before you ran out of giggle gas. Once.

How about some close up pics of your "system"

If you really bought this on ebay as a nitrous kit and aren't jerking everyone around, I feel for you because you got taken. I hope you didn't pay a lot, because it wouldn't cost more that $20 dollars to build your self.

OK I can tell you for sure it is nitrous. I checked with a balloon and..... It is sputtering because I don't have enough flow of gas. A new carb is in the works. There is no doubt in my mind I could have built this kit. I didn't. I went out and bought it. It wasn't expencive!

NGK, Why is it haness? Explain.

Stop the negativity and try to help, thats what were all here for right?

Lol, jesus, you guys crack me up. You better watch yourself though, today is a very sensitive day for American's. Furthermore I don't understand why your talking so much smack about being a stupid little dumb prick gutless four stroke lover, when 1st off, you own a four stroke, believe it or not, that drz is a four stroke. Secondly, you have a hand made, custom exhaust, and custom air fork caps, you can't even begin to rag on people about mods. If someone has an idea that you don't agree with, say, hey I don't think thats the best choice.

dude your a dic smack. Us guys who mod these little fourstokes do it becuse its fun, and an engineering challenge. Plus like See are ef two thirty said you have one!!!!!!

I have never seen nitrous even sold in those little disposable cylinders to fit the

tire inflator he has mounted on his handlebar. The line is macroline from a paintball gun. It also comes in Blue, Black, Grey and Green. Personally I would have chosen Black.

I'll take the race, even if the bulb i that system actually does have N2O in it, you'd be able to out accelerate me for like ten feet before you ran out of giggle gas.

lol...

Heres a question, instead of spending money on a sob nitrouse kit that will only give you atleast 1/2 a horse power on a bike that has 7 stock why not buy a second hand 2000 cr500 that will pump out over 60/70 raging stalions, ill tell you why; becuase your a stupid little dumb prick gutlless four stroke lover who spends 1000's on a bike with 7 stock hp to boost it up to 15 hp. You ****ing dumb shit fat american

Dude I'm not little. I'm not young and I'm not fat. If I want to spend money on my bike it's ok because I have it to spend. I don't have to make all my parts by hand like you. This is America we have everything here. Jealous? Have fun hiding behind a computer keyboard.

Wooht. You can get disposable nitrous charges all day long. Their called Whip-its and they are used to make whipped cream. Whip cream in the grocery store in the squirt can also have nitrous in them. They are only 8 gram though. 16 gram charges are illegal in the U.S. that's why you have to import them. They last about 16 seconds.

heres an idea, instead of complaining that your nitrous doesnt work, dont buy shit that is some random person trying to make a quick buck, its prolly like 4 dollars to make and it doesnt do a thing... go buy ur self a bigger bike :thumbsup: yes i have a drz 125 and its fun to ride, but if u wanna go faster buy a bigger bike dont dick around w/ nitrous kuz it aint gonna work