Sign in to follow this  

Rock out with your c.......

Been quiet in here lately. I can't believe everyone is in route to VtoR right now. Where y'all ridin this weekend?

DSCN2419Medium.JPG

Dude that picture is sooooo gay and I am not talking about the Neil Diamond record, I am refering to your V neck sweater.

I can't believe everyone is in route to VtoR right now. Where y'all ridin this weekend?
Neil Diamond :thumbsup:

I know "surfnride" got a days notice phone call to ride V2R to fill in for an injured hombre.

Race leaders should be done before sunset Friday. Might be some info on dirtnewz.com on race day.

This weekend? Digging ditches.....again....

That is a classic pic! Character! I heard you and Rudy covered some miles last weekend.

We did, it was a blast! My first really big baja ride and man did we have some fun. Covered lots of mile at night, another first for me. I got to see a lot of places I've heard about but never been to and conected some dots between places I have been to via different trails.

Can't wait to get back down there Labor Day weekend. :thumbsup:

I think it would be really cool to round up the regulars in this section and make a weekend ride out of it. What says everyone. Something like that possible?

Since Brian started some V2R talk here I figured I'd tell some schetchy info I have....(from text messages so don't rag me if I'm not exactly correct)....

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3744795#post3744795

The 2 Team Honda bikes are running 1-2. It sounds like the Childress/Hengeveld bike is slightly ahead of the Bell/Campbell bike, but it very close right now (meaning around Pit 14 @ approx. 3:15pm PST).

Running 3rd OA bike around Pit 13 (mile 445) was Ron "surfnride" Wilson/Steve Garnett @ about 35minutes behind the 2 lead bikes. But a bike problem dropped them out around mile 475.

Well, even with the DNF they were doing damn good considering RW has never even ridden up there.

Ironman rider Les Walker riding as fundraiser for "RiderDown.org" has been passed by the lead pack of buggies/trucks (that's gotta be scary the way those top guys are hammering) but he's gettin' it done. If you see picks from Contingency his KTM is plastered with black/white stickers of all those who donated to a great cause.

The buggy of Jeff Darland is leading a super tight battle of trucks and buggies.

bummer for surfnride. However to be 400+ miles into a race course you have never ridden running 3rd is awesome.

Just read that Cambell/Bell's tire basicly came apart and destroyed the fender and airbox. I have to imagine for something like that to happen you need to be running the piss out of a flat. Or can a tire just rip apart?

Hey guys..

Just got home from Reno-- Thanks for the props Tim-Brian. We had a pretty good ride going...till..At race mile 459 the motor let go....turns out it was very low on oil... (XR650 with fresh engine)

Sort of my fault....We planned a "big pit" at pit 9( race mile 321)..rear tire, air filter, check oil, rider swap....

But, it seems that I cartwheeled the bike into an 8 foot deep g-out (no it wasn't marked, thanks Casey) about 30 miles before the pit. I broke the front brake lever off, twisted the front end, bent the subframe..(the tire was hittling the pipe) I landed on my head and back, breaking my kick ass Alpha Pak off of my chest protector. So, I had to ride about 20 miles with no front brake, bent subframe, holding my tools-waterpak in my lap..

So, instead of checking the oil, everybody was fixing crash damage..

Steve hopped on, did 100 miles, battling wilth Blaise on the KTM, Handed the bike back to me,luckily Honda pits got me out in front of the KTM, 50 miles later it let go. Chris stopped and made sure I was ok, then he told Honda 14 where I was..Next bike by was Elmer Symons.. I asked him to give me a push to some course workers about a mile away, he did. Thanks again Elmer.

4 1/2 hours later my guys picked me up....I did get to see the first 15 cars-trucks race on by, that was pretty cool to see.

The course was a little bit of everything...lots of SILT...bad enough you had to stay out of the grooves, and ride in the raised center of the road. Lots of wide open graded roads, lots of jagged rocks in the silt, smooth sand washes,very little wind for the first 300 miles. LOTS of dust..( cough, cough)

type to you fellas later-- Ron

Stoked you didn't break yourself in the G out.

Well, in honor of a total screwed up lower fork nut on a buddies set I deleted my post above and am taking this opportunity to let ya all know Boudroux fork service is now officialy open. My motto is "I'll make your nuts round!"

A big thanks to Z Racing for bailing me out.

Just one more day of landscaping ahead and this it is off to Baja next weekend.

Steve & Mike 1st and a close 2nd was Robby & Campbell.

45/48+ minutes isnt a very close 2nd... (3rd actually)

Huh? How do you figure?

I figure because before I posted,

I didn’t bother to check my B.S. with actual race facts!

:thumbsup:

:applause: A classic case of an old drunk (Pitting the 14 bike that day) Checker feeding my brain full of false info…it was likely he didn’t adjust the times…even though he said he did…

LOL

:applause::applause:

Hey guys..

Just got home from Reno-- Thanks for the props Tim-Brian. We had a pretty good ride going...till..At race mile 459 the motor let go....turns out it was very low on oil... (XR650 with fresh engine) ..... type to you fellas later-- Ron

Good job Ron.... And ya, glad to hear your not in a fetal position for those 4hrs... I have yet to attempt the V2R myself. Hate the drive! :applause: ...there's something to say about running the miles with Team Honda!

....someday we'll meet!

:thumbsup: