Sign in to follow this  

Tailgate Latch

I once read that someone made a metal latch that would allow you to shut your tailgate on your truck aprox. 1/2 to 3/4 of the way closed and lock it in place with some sort of metal latch. Does anyone know who makes it?

Thanks!!

Somebody on this site has to know. It's my mission now to find this. I have searched for days on the internet and can't find a thing. I had a guy pass me in truck, hauling his dirt bikes with one. Anybody have any idea who makes this?

Somebody on this site has to know. It's my mission now to find this. I have searched for days on the internet and can't find a thing. I had a guy pass me in truck, hauling his dirt bikes with one. Anybody have any idea who makes this?

Through deduction (not found on internet - cuz if it's not on the internet it doesn't exist) you could say the guy driving the truck made it. :thumbsup:

All I did was type "tailgate latch + motorcycle" into google and it came right up. :thumbsup:

Looks like a handly little device but for $50?

I used to use a bed extender but it was just one more thing I had to deal with. Now I have two extra tie downs that I hook into the sides of the tailgate and hook the other end of the tiedown to the outside pegs of the bikes. Works just fine but I have an F250, might not work with other brand vehicles depending on tailgate design.

Thanks for finding that. I typed that exact same thing and never saw it. Thanks again!

Or you can just loop the tail gate cables over the little rods that the gate latches to for free.

I just use a tie-down. Probably works better than those stupid little latches because you can push it up against your rear tire.