Sign in to follow this  

Crf 230 air filter problems>??

undefined

Hey...im new to these forums...but there pretty sweet...im 14 and just bought a 2005 crf230....ive heard that if u dont clean out the filters like alot...that the bike will actually seize up?? is this true?? and if so...how many rides...or hours...ill u have to re clean the filter??

I don't know where you heard that rumor, but it's wrong. Cleaning it depends on what type of terrian you ride. I wash mine once a week, riden or not.

If you really want to make your bike run better, pull the air box snorkel, exhaust baffle, get a uni air filter and re-jet. Just a suggestion. :thumbsup:

I wash mine once a week, riden or not.

Why would you clean an un-used air filter?

Anyhow, at a minimum, I clean the air filters on my bikes every 3 tank fulls of gas. More often in dusty conditions.

undefined

Hey...im new to these forums...but there pretty sweet...im 14 and just bought a 2005 crf230....ive heard that if u dont clean out the filters like alot...that the bike will actually seize up?? is this true?? and if so...how many rides...or hours...ill u have to re clean the filter??

It depends on how hard you ride and what conditions your riding in. I ride in a dusty area and ill check my air filter about every two weeks. Its the stock air filter and works just fine. But if your riding trails and its not that dusty or muddy you wont have to clean it that often. Theres my two cents

undefined

Read the manual too it will tell you a lot. It may sound boring but it helps in the long runon a lot of maintenance problems :thumbsup:

any one got info on an air filter, my dad keeps nagging me saying ill ruin my bike if i do shit to it, but its stock, i wanna change it, if i put an air filter in (any suggestions) will i have to change the jetting r anyshit like that

any one got info on an air filter, my dad keeps nagging me saying ill ruin my bike if i do shit to it, but its stock, i wanna change it, if i put an air filter in (any suggestions) will i have to change the jetting r anyshit like that

yeah my dads the same way, i dont think u have to rejet if ur just putting an airfilter in, but thats just my $.02

It's not a big enough power gain to change your filter if you have to fight with your dad over it.

Tell him you need an extra air filter so you always have a clean one ready.

Dealers only stock Uni or Twin air so thats what you get.

then get some Rock Oil water washable filter fluid. you can wash your air filter in the sink with Simple Green and water.

Keeping you filter clean important. A single 2 hour offroadrace can fill your filter full of dirt.

I just use the stock filter along with No Toil filter oil, rim grease and cleaner. I've heard that Honda just repackages the No Toil, so same stuff if you buy Honda's brand. It works pretty well for me so far and is easy on the environment.