Southern new york dual sport ride

Sweet pics on that site, beautiful scenery. Looks like fun, do you need a large gas tank?

Lukejt

No, last year was about 100 miles or so, and they had a gas stop well within the range of all of the bikes. Dont remember the mileage.

trigger - how much actual road riding was done? The GPS map didn't appear to be much legal road mostly trails and fire roads. I would love to attend this but I haven't got my bike converted yet.

I really dont recall, can someone else chime in???? I ride alot so it all kindof starts melting together. BUT,,,, This DS is 100 miles, I remember great single track, and the the hare scramble section was awesome.

To me, any opportunity to ride an organized ride ( that is fairly close to my home) is a no braine, whether its 10% road or 60% road.

trigger03

Due to extreme rain conditions, the Southern Tier Hare Scramble planned for 9/3/06 has been postponed and is now scheduled for Sunday, 10/15/06. The Dual Sport that had also been planned for Sunday, 9/3/06, will be conducted as scheduled. If anyone has questions please contact John Eggleston at 607-792-3782. Please help communicate this announcement.

Well me and about 15 others showed up to ride the Dual Sport.

What a great ride it was today!!! With LOTS of NEW trail; much better than last year's ( http://rochesternet.com/rides/Jasper5-22-05/ ).

It's nice having riding opportunites close to home. I hope today's pathetic rider turn out doesn't discourage them from putting on future rides.