Sign in to follow this  

WTF a little confused

Hello everybody, I just needed a little extra help with my 05 Honda CRF 250. When I bought the bike It came with a jetting diagram. After inspecting the diagram I saw that the needle clip had to be moved to the 2nd position and the main jet changed to 168 (stock 173). After I did all that I replaced the fuel screw with a Pro circuit fuel screw.

Now into my problem, the spark plug is very black and when I try to adjust the fuel screw the bike never dies when I screw it all the way in. The bike seemed to run very well at 3 turns out but you could smell the richness. I have never been so frustrated.Did I do the right thing by changing all this stuff.

Elevation 5000ft.

temp 80- 100 F

very humid right now.

I feel with your help my bike can run allot better.thanks for the info. Thumper talk rocks. :thumbsup:

First... I am not an expert, don't use the plug to determin jetting. Use the search feature and learn the difference in rich and lean for the different cuicuts. If the fuel screw has little or not effect when screwed in, you need to lower your pilot jet.