Sign in to follow this  

Track Builders

Hey guys,

I have about 5 acres to work with and it's pretty flat. I'm seriously thinking about building a small practice track on it. I think i can find most of the dirt from a housing company that is set up in the area looking to dump some loads. We have skidsteers, but no dozer. I was thinking about building it myself, but I want it done right, and look somewhat professional. I was wondering if anyone knew of any track builders in the area? or how much it would cost to have someone build it?

anyway If it does get built, and it is half decent, i'll invite afew of you out if you're in the area. I doubt it will be absolutely amazing but, having your own track would be pretty sweet anyway :thumbsup:

Keep it cheap! do it yourself! model it loosely after a track you enjoy, Then lay it out and ride a bike, or even a couple of guys try it out and see how it flows. You really don't need big jumps, most people need to practice corners, and the dreaded whoop sections! If you are not to far from the Kitchener area I can help you out with the design as the track I practice on themost is on 5 acres, I can also run machinery.

Where are you located?

There is a guy that lives in the Kitchener area that builds Walton and some of the major tracks in Canada(from what I hear). He built the track at a friend of mine near Shakespeare.

I can get the info for you.

BJ

He doesnt come cheap! And where is this track in Shakesbeer???? You let it out, c'mon no holding out, we're all friends here! I have candy!!!!!!!!

If you build it yourself, keep water drainage in mind.... don't want your track to flood out on ya!

I'd love to tell you where the track is, but it's a private track and I don't have permission to yack about where it is. The guy uses it for himself and a few buddies

Sorry

It's nothing major, just a double, a triple, a tabletop and a few other goodies.

BJ

hey guys, thanks for the input. We have some land near Bolton.

I guess it's just going to depend on how much money it would cost.

I just dont think im going to have enough time to build it myself. It's actually my uncles farm, but he's agreed to set aside some land for it. Has anyone actually had a track made that can tell me a ballpark range of how much it would be?

oh, and beejay if you could get me that info that would be great. only if you have time.

thanks

:thumbsup: