Sign in to follow this  

Suburban gas tank

Does anyone know of a source for a supplemental or auxiliary gasoline tank that will bolt into a 2001 Z-71 Suburban? My stock tank is 32 gal. and I miss the 42 gal. in my '95.

Yup, the pansy hauler. The guy who owned it was getting creamed in a divorce and sold it to me for a song. It was stout enough for a Katrina evacuation, it just lacked range. So, anyone know of supplemental or auxiliary tanks for this beast?

I would check and see if there was a duel tank option for that truck. You may be able to get the setup out of an older model as that stuff does not change much from year to year. There may aslo have been size option for the truck. In that case you could buy the larger tank and put it in.

From what I can tell, Chevy moved the spare from inside to outside and the gas tank suffered. The 2500 series offers a large tank but I was told it was diesel only. I kinda thought someone would use a Suburban as a chase/tow truck have made something like an airplane tank that could tuck up in the frame rails.

From what I can tell, Chevy moved the spare from inside to outside and the gas tank suffered. The 2500 series offers a large tank but I was told it was diesel only. I kinda thought someone would use a Suburban as a chase/tow truck have made something like an airplane tank that could tuck up in the frame rails.

WTH?

The Chevrolet 2500 Series 6.0L and 8.1L gasser 2002+ Suburban & Avalanches have a stock 37 gallon tank.

On some brands of trucks a larger gas tank is an option when ordering.

Not sure on the 2007 models.

He said 2001 model :thumbsup:

Maybe you could move your spare in and try the gas tank from a late model Suburban? We noticed that too when we moved from our 97' burb to an 01' Yukon Xl that the tank was much smaller, not to mention it sucked at towing!

Aero Tank in Corona, Ca. Transfer Flow (I think) in Nor Cal. Both have web sites you should be able to find by searching the net. Be prepared to spend big bucks if you really want it.