My 4 year old out for a spin

Were they 40 consecutive laps? Either way good for him. And if you start teaching him to stand up; :ride: then he would be getting a lot more air and probably be faster then he is. Boy I wish I started when I was that young. You sir have got yourself a racer! ?

...and teach him to lift his outside elbow...and teach him to slide up on the tank...and teach him to square off the corners...LOL!!!!!

He's 4!!!!!! Let him ride!!!! I was eating my boogers at 4...this kid's riding a motorcycle.

(OK, I'll admit it, I was thinking the same thing though, haha)

...and teach him to lift his outside elbow...and teach him to slide up on the tank...and teach him to square off the corners...LOL!!!!!

He's 4!!!!!! Let him ride!!!! I was eating my boogers at 4...this kid's riding a motorcycle.

(OK, I'll admit it, I was thinking the same thing though, haha)

:ride:

But... think what he'll be like when hes 40!

JK your right I guess I kinda forgot that factor. I don't even think I could walk at 4. ?

does he have a govener on his throttle? i know my friends little brother who is 5 just sets his a second, and rides it pinned the whole time, he refuses to up/down shift. We had to screw in his governer a little so he wouldn't seize his bike.

There isn't any shifting on those KTM50's...straight auto clutch-1 gear. Which is more setup for mid to top end. They're little screamers so if a kid just pinned the KTM, he'd be in trouble very quickly.

As far as I know, there isn't any governer. I've never noticed one on ours but this isn't the right kind of bike for a kid that NEEDS a governer, anyway.

LOL!! You guys cracked me up! I about spued iced tea all over my computer! I WAS EATEM' TOO Mowtown!!!

With his riding boots on he can touch both toes on flat ground. After falling over several times, he has figured out to pick his spots to stop. Its no so much a problem in the field, but in the woods he is careful where he stops. He actually just started standing up. We rode for 3 hours Sunday afternoon (we had a strawberry milk break at grandmas) and I watched him standing up more throughout the day. A funny thing was, when he came over one of the big jumps in the back 40 he was picking his left foot up and steping down like he was down shifting. He really tries to minic what he sees. I edited out of this vid where he was coming over the little table top lifting up his foot off the peg. Its seems I am on him to 'take it easy' more than anything.

Yea, he rode around that little track for 30 some minutes straight without stopping, and it takes less than a minute to get around. He has really improved the last two weeks, even going places on the trials I was prepared to detour. He is really getting to his sister!

His bike is a mini adventure like Mowtown said,no gears. It is detuned right now with a exhaust baffle and small jet. I'll change that probably next spring.

I plan on taking him to a real track for practice to see how he does next month. I told him he needs to be able to finish the race before he can win, he argued with me after saying that Ricky won his first race, so he will too!

Your right mowtown, my boy wouldnt know what to do if he had a buddy his same age that loved bikes like he does! When we go to the back, and he takes a break, he gets his toy mx bikes out of his back pack, with a toy bobcat, and plays RC and JS while his restin'!

Thanks for the comments!

My boy made about 40 laps on his 'track' today.

I had to drag him back in the AC!

He told me he thinks he ran a whole moto!

Heres a short clip.

ktm 50

Delete this crap! No scrub, no cool whips, go home. :ride: just kidding. He looks like he's having a blast. I used to be like that, doing like 1 million laps around my home track. haha, good times. ?