Sign in to follow this  

DJ JetKit VS JD JetKit

Hi!

I've a stock drz400S 2006 and I did a mistake when I ordered my jet kit. I would order dyno jet but I ordered DJ jet. I don't know if the jd is better than dj???

Thank you!

OK thank,,, but can I installed the jd kit with a stock exaust?? And can I do the 3x3?

OK thank,,, but can I installed the jd kit with a stock exaust?? And can I do the 3x3?

Yes you can and should use the jet kit and do the 3x3 mod.

Stock exhaust will still work fine but i am sure you will want to upgrade that to in the near future. Both jet kits are good, though the DJ kit seems to be more popular.

yes dj seems more popular this is why I was not sure. What about the air/fuel mixture adjusters do I need to by this tool or I do this adjustment without the tool?

dj = dynojet = s/sm or whatever with the cv carb

jd = james dean = e/k or whatever with the fcr carb

yes dj seems more popular this is why I was not sure. What about the air/fuel mixture adjusters do I need to by this tool or I do this adjustment without the tool?

Yes, buy the extended fuel screw. It makes adjustments much easier (you don't have to twist the carb to get a screwdriver up there).

Mike

Ok but why in the product description is JD Jet Kit Suzuki DRZ400S/SM/E (CA Model) - Kawasaki KLX400SR (00-06) ?

A: provide a link please

B: No matter what you read in a catalog.. The James Dean Kit (JD) is for the FCR carb,, found OEM on the DRZ K and non CA E bikes,

The DynoJet (DJ) is for the Mikuni BSR 36 carb, found on the S, SM, and CA E bikes... DJ also makes a kit for the FCR,, but it works poorly compared to the JD kit.

the link is https://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=INT%5FJDJETTING%5FJETKIT&CartID=

Now I would like to cancel my order for a DJ but I can do it by the web site... will see tomorrow if I call to switch the item.

I appreciate yours comments!

There are TWO JD kits listed now, one for the FCR

JDS001 JD Jet Kit Suzuki DRZ400E/K (Excluding CA Model w/ Mikuni Carb) - Kawasaki KLX400(00-06)

And one for the BSR 36

JDS005 JD Jet Kit Suzuki DRZ400S/SM/E (CA Model) - Kawasaki KLX400SR (00-06)

The kit for the BSR 36 is a new one on me,, I did not know JD had built a kit for that carb :thumbsup:

There are TWO JD kits listed now, one for the FCR

JDS001 JD Jet Kit Suzuki DRZ400E/K (Excluding CA Model w/ Mikuni Carb) - Kawasaki KLX400(00-06)

And one for the BSR 36

JDS005 JD Jet Kit Suzuki DRZ400S/SM/E (CA Model) - Kawasaki KLX400SR (00-06)

The kit for the BSR 36 is a new one on me,, I did not know JD had built a kit for that carb :thumbsup:

Yup, it's new. I just got that figured out myself... :ride:

Now we need someone with a cv carb to try both the dj and jd kits and report back.... :thumbsup:

Now we need someone with a cv carb to try both the dj and jd kits and report back.... :ride:

I voluteer my 'S'.

I have the DJ kit, now if someone would send me a JD kit we'd be in business. :thumbsup:

Now we need someone with a cv carb to try both the dj and jd kits and report back.... :thumbsup:

In another thread Burned said he hasn't used the JD kit for the cv carb yet, but hopefully he will try one and let us know how it compares to the DJ.

Ok but why in the product description is JD Jet Kit Suzuki DRZ400S/SM/E (CA Model) - Kawasaki KLX400SR (00-06) ?

The JD kit for the S model with the mikuni carb has only been available for about 2 weeks.

This is why the dynojet kit appears more popular, because up until 2 weeks ago dynojet was the only choice.

I actually Just put the JD kit on ( I should say I had it put on) It works great. I also used the Yosh RS-3 and the 3x3. Incredible difference!!!

dj = dynojet = s/sm or whatever with the cv carb

jd = james dean = e/k or whatever with the fcr carb

The JD Jetting Kit JDS005 is a replacement from JD for the DynoJet S and SM Kit. This is a new product from JD, as we have had them for only 2 weeks. Also If you have the 36mm FCR carb then you should be using the keintech extended fuel mixture screw. Hope that this clears up some of the confusion.

I actually Just put the JD kit on ( I should say I had it put on) It works great. I also used the Yosh RS-3 and the 3x3. Incredible difference!!!

What main jet sizes come in the kit?