Sign in to follow this  

Need Jetting Help

I have a '05 CRF 250X and have opened up the air box, took off the backfire screen, installed a Power Flow filter, drilled the exhaust baffle, installed a boysean quick shot AP cover, and installed the JD Jetting kit per instructions. The bike ran great until my valves wore out.

I changed to the '06 CRF 250R head and valves, installed the R header pipe, and installed the stage 1 HotCam while I had everything apart. Now, I'm getting bog in lower to mid RPM's in 2nd and 3rd gear.

Has anyone done similar mods and had to adjust the settings that JD recommended in his kit?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

I didn't notice it the first time until I'd been riding a few minutes. I rode a few more times that day and it occurred each time.

Mike

Ok, here's an update. I leaned the needle one clip. I have not been able to ride so I warmed up the bike at the house, snapped the throttle from idle (bike on a stand), and it bogged down and died. I removed the spark plug and it was black and wet. I then moved the fuel screw from 2 1/4 turns out to 1 1/4 turns out and had the same result, bike bogged down and died with a quick snap of the throttle and the plug was wet and black.

Before installing the new head, valves and hot cam, I used the JD Jetting kit and instructions for my bike and altitude - 165 main jet, red needle 5th position, the rest is stock.

Should the bike bog when I snap the throttle while it's on a stand? If not, any recommendations on jetting settings?

Thanks,

Mike

you need to do all testing while riding the bike the fully warm.

trying to jet with no load on the motor will have you chasing your tail.