pic of rear fender w/low profile rear tail light?

Does anyone have a picture of their fender with the low profile brake/tail light? I am wondering how the license plate will bolt on.

Will it be viewable ? will cops hassle me? It looks as if the lic plate will be slanted too much.

Help!

Don

2001 XR650L

No hassles from police. The stock fender (and mine from Maier) provides enough angle to bolt the plate directly on. Have a look:

http://www.4strokes.com/guests/imagedetail.asp?ImgID=1861

Both the light and the rubber plate gasket came from 4strokes only, although people have had varied success receiving things in a timely manner from them (him).

Hope this helps. -T.

Does anyone have a picture of their fender with the low profile brake/tail light? I am wondering how the license plate will bolt on.

Will it be viewable ? will cops hassle me? It looks as if the lic plate will be slanted too much.

Help!

Don

2001 XR650L

Here's some "help." This Maier small XR-style brake/ tail light set up on my '98 XRL is not DOT approved but it is very bright for how small it is. I've never been stopped nor even had a much more than a second look from the cops with this one.

Made my own license plate back plate out of some scrap FRP off a job-site attaching it with bolts through rubber grommets. Very solid & the plate stays in tact even when beating the crap out of it off-road.

dual_dogs98plate.jpg

I've seen much less "DOT legal" light combos on lots of street rockets & other choppers...

Here's some "help." This Maier small XR-style brake/ tail light set up on my '98 XRL is not DOT approved but it is very bright for how small it is. I've never been stopped nor even had a much more than a second look from the cops with this one.

Made my own license plate back plate out of some scrap FRP off a job-site attaching it with bolts through rubber grommets. Very solid & the plate stays in tact even when beating the crap out of it off-road.

dual_dogs98plate.jpg

I've seen much less "DOT legal" light combos on lots of street rockets & other choppers...

Hey guys I have one of these I bought new and didnt use anyone want to buy it?

fender here's a pic of my L with a crf450 rear fender during mock-up.

another shot

I used the Baja Designs rear LED brake/tail/plate light combo...and what a waste of cash!

Ironically broke...

In Baja...

After a 225 mile ride! (That’s a total of 700 off-road miles with that Baja Designs light)

After doing some research, I noticed that many other guys have the same problem...the brake light goes out, and all that works is the tail/plate light.

Looks cool, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

• 1 year later...