Sign in to follow this  

lowering crf250r

I am looking into getting a crf250r and I am 5'4. The bike feels a little tall and was wondering if there are any good ways to lower the seat height without buying a lowering kit. thanks.

I'm sure you can shave off some of the foam and just re staple the seat cover back on tight. I know a lot of guys on here have modified their seat adding steps and stuff. Then you can always lower your forks to. :thumbsup:

im 5' 1" and i have a 06 crf250 in stock condition and i have no problem. i just bought a pro moto kickstand (with my own money) :thumbsup: and that helps with being small a lot. just whenever i stop i jump of really quick and walk the bike to a stop and when i start i find a hill or a rock to put my foot on its easy.

if you ride tracks just look for the side of berms and stuff. not worth changing the bike just change your style

im 5' 1" and i have a 06 crf250 in stock condition and i have no problem. i just bought a pro moto kickstand (with my own money) :thumbsup: and that helps with being small a lot. just whenever i stop i jump of really quick and walk the bike to a stop and when i start i find a hill or a rock to put my foot on its easy.

if you ride tracks just look for the side of berms and stuff. not worth changing the bike just change your style

same here.... the good thing about the tracks is they usually have haybales or tuffblocks that you can stop on

what do you weigh?

If you are less than 170lbs installing the correct springs for your weight may help the bike settle more for you.

im 5' 1" and i have a 06 crf250 in stock condition and i have no problem. i just bought a pro moto kickstand (with my own money) :busted: and that helps with being small a lot. just whenever i stop i jump of really quick and walk the bike to a stop and when i start i find a hill or a rock to put my foot on its easy.

I'm 5'4" and I find that I don't always feel comfortable. That there are times I need and want to touch the ground. Are you still riding it stock height?

im 5'4 and 115 lbs and im on a 2006 crf250r. its got the stock seat, suspension, everything. it aint pretty when i stop but its really not that hard. it involves alot of falling over. :applause:

Exactly... However, i find it frustratating when my taller riding buddies have no problems on those trails while I struggle...

I am 6 Ft tall and just had a new rear tire put on my 06 250R and they installed a tire one size larger and i do not like it. Didn't notice it till to late but am hoping to lower the back of the bike about 1/2 inch to make up for this. The linkage kit would be to much drop. and it would be cheaper to buy the right tire Any thoughts?