Sign in to follow this  

Trying to piece together a DS kit

I have the horn, and the brake hydraulics. 4 weeks ago I ordered the replacement headlight from fourstrokesonly.com and I have nothing yet. he told me it was shipping three weeks ago. Andy is a nice guy, but his service is absolutely horrible. :thumbsup: Anyway.

I still need:

Brake light or to convert my brake light

License plate bracket and a light for the plate. (Plate most mount horizontally)

switch for hi, low, horn, and if I can kill

1 mirror

wiring harness

Any tips on where to look for this stuff? I'm waiting on an auction for an acerbis tail light, bracket kit, but it might not happen. I'd rather convert my factory tail light which I hear is fairly easy.

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

I have the horn, and the brake hydraulics. 4 weeks ago I ordered the replacement headlight from fourstrokesonly.com and I have nothing yet. he told me it was shipping three weeks ago. Andy is a nice guy, but his service is absolutely horrible. :thumbsup: Anyway.

I still need:

Brake light or to convert my brake light

License plate bracket and a light for the plate. (Plate most mount horizontally)

switch for hi, low, horn, and if I can kill

1 mirror

wiring harness

Any tips on where to look for this stuff? I'm waiting on an auction for an acerbis tail light, bracket kit, but it might not happen. I'd rather convert my factory tail light which I hear is fairly easy.

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

all here:

http://www.fourstrokesonly.com/LicensePlateHolder.html

You are right, it's all there, but the guy ships like twice a year. I ordered from him 4 weeks ago and he has not shipped. There's got to be something wrong there, he's losing tons of business with poor service.

Baja Designs LED brake/tail/license light/license holder is a great unit. It runs on AC or DC. It's a little pricey, but is pretty sano.

Lots of places carry BD at a slight discount. I couldn't get their website to work right but found it here to illustrate:

http://www.offroadplus.com/dual_sport_kit_parts?start=8

I gave up on FSO, same experience.