Sign in to follow this  

Motocross @ Indianapolis

Hey guys , the pit bike track behind has been redesigned to fit full size bikes also it has a tight indoor style section with lots of passing and some wide open areas to go to www.indianapolisnationalspeedway.com for more detailed information on the pit bike page.

Hey guys , the pit bike track behind has been redesigned to fit full size bikes also it has a tight indoor style section with lots of passing and some wide open areas to go to www.indianapolisnationalspeedway.com for more detailed information on the pit bike page.

Have you been to this track on a big bike? Is it worth a one hour drive? I saw on their website they have practice on Thursday at 5pm. Is that every Thursday? I may check it out since its something thats fairly close.

Yes it is a small place ,but fun if your looking for big jumps I would go elsewhere ,right now unitll we finish it every time I turn around we are making it better it takes about 1:05 to complete a lap if your pretty fast the jumps are about 4ft high but send you far for the way we made them we just like moto this is a small set up but I see it growing in the future if we support this track and you get alot of time on this track too !! And yes practice is every thursday and thinking off adding tuesdays also per all the request

If I can get out of work at a decent time, I'm going to try and make it tomorrow. I asked a buddy about going and he's checking with the wife. I think the place could turn into a gold mine if word gets out and the track is constantly improved. It sure would be nice to have something in Central IN.

It's definately worth a look.. And the folks that run the track are pretty cool.

I ride there alot, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to ride in the Indy area.

We don't have alot of options close by, and this track is starting to really become a great track. I've been to alot of other tracks in the area, and there really aren't any that compare in closeness and the way it is run.

I haven't ridden there, but went and checked out the speedway races sat. night. They keep things moving pretty good . seem like pretty good people.

Anyone going to open practice tomorrow night 9-21? is it lighted?

I want to go tonight but I have to take my daughter to soccer practice and I live an hour away. :lame: I'm on the e-mail list from the owner and he said the track is perfect for tonight. I would go if you can. It's not lighted as of yet but the owner said they plan to light it in the future. It's nothing spectacular but its something to play on.

By the way, nice Avatar. :thumbsup:

Thanks red. The jumps look awfully small in that video on the website, have they changed that?

No, they are not that big. I have only been there once, and the day I went it had rained all day and it was a muddy mess. I didn' t ride but just wanted to check it out. I doubt you would get out of third gear but I thought it may be worth trying. I'm just hoping that if enough people support it, they will continue to improve it since there is nothing in central Indiana. All I can say is, give it a try and if you hate it, don't go back. The closest place I go to ride an MX track is Casey, IL.

No, they are not that big. I have only been there once, and the day I went it had rained all day and it was a muddy mess. I didn' t ride but just wanted to check it out. I doubt you would get out of third gear but I thought it may be worth trying. I'm just hoping that if enough people support it, they will continue to improve it since there is nothing in central Indiana. All I can say is, give it a try and if you hate it, don't go back. The closest place I go to ride an MX track is Casey, IL.

Ever try Wildcat Creek?

Ever try Wildcat Creek?

I've heard of it but have never been there. Is it up by Lafayette? How do you like it?

I've heard of it but have never been there. Is it up by Lafayette? How do you like it?

Yeah, it's about 1hr from the north side of indy. Very good track especially when groomed (which is often), sounds like this weekend might be a wash though.

It's not an hour north of Indy. It's on West Washington St, and about 10 minutes west of I-465 on the west side.

It's not an hour north of Indy. It's on West Washington St, and about 10 minutes west of I-465 on the west side.

:thumbsup:

I'm just hoping that if enough people support it, they will continue to improve it since there is nothing in central Indiana.

We have continued to grow this season, and if the interest grows like it has been, I can almost guarantee that the track will continue to improve.

It was orignally designed to run pitbikes and other small bikes. Mainly as a track for kids. However, we have gotten a log of interest from guys riding full size bikes, and that is certainly something that we want to support and move towards. However, it all depends on interest from the riders.

If the folks who make the decisions about spending money do not see enough people taking an interest in this track, it will likely never grow. So far, I am very happy to say that there has been a tremendous amount of interest and there are plans to expand the track so that in the near future we may even be able to support District 15 events.

If you haven't been to the track, and would like to take a look, please come out. We run open practice on Tuesdays and Thursday nights and race on Sundays.

If you would like to get an idea what the track looks like, check out my website. I have photos from all around the track. http://www.quickinet.net

Check the track website for times and dates of practice and racing. http://www.indianapolisnationalspeedway.com/INS_SITE/GP.htm