MPG results?

So I have a bone stock machine and I've been carefully driving it around he neighborhood like a newbie, never more than 40 MPH and lots of short little rides with lots of stopping and starting. I've calculated my mileage at exactly 50 MPG. I hit reserve from a full tank right at 100 miles. I'd like to know how this compares to others' results?

I'm hoping that now that I start taking longer distance trips with less stops and starts, I will be able to push up my MPG a little bit. Published reviews that I've read were quoting 65 MPG on the drz400s. Anything I can do to improve mileage? My throttle usage has been very conservative.

Finally, what can I expect the 3x3 mod to do to my mileage?

Thanks!

05 SM - running 98 octane

When new and stock it got 60 mpg.

With DJ, 3*3 and Staintune, it gets 67 mpg.

That is with a 155 main, 25 pilot and needle on 3rd clip down.

I have it rich to cure a surge problem and it still gets better economy than stock, while producing more power in a more linear fashion.

So, if with the ADR or EPA approved settings, I use more fuel to go less distance, how is that good for the environment ? ?

Cheers

I have the 3X3, Full Yoshi pipe, E CDI on my S model and I'm getting around 40/42 MPG. I also hit the rev limiter most of the time and run 91 octane fuel.

I'm sure gas mileage depends on the rider to. I think the best I've ever got is 45. Is it me or the bike?

Where in Utah are you Mtnman44?

I've got an '06 with 15/47 sprockets, and it gets a consistent 58mpg. I got in the low 60's with everything stock (15/44)...

Kinda curious to run 14/47 for more off-road grunt, but my bike is starting to get buzzy for my work commute at 15/47...

I have an S cnverted to SM running 15/39 with FCR, cams,yosh and 435 kit. I ride alot of highway 75 mph plus and am getting over 100 miles before reserve (50 plus mpg).

I have gained about 5-7mpg since putting on the Big Bore kit earlier this month.

'06 stock SM 1600 miles 1st month

commuting everyday 15 miles round trip, i expect to go to reserve around 70 miles on the odo. I then put in between 1.3 to 1.5 gallons (47 to 54 MPG) - I do like to have fun, and the commute is lots of stops & starts.

on any Sunday ? cruising out to some twisty, sweeping back country roads I've gone 70 miles and could barely fit 1 gallon in (70 MPG)