Sign in to follow this  

SX50 nitrogen pressure

Hey guys

Can you please tell me how much nitrogen to put into my mates kids SX50 shock and is the Race Tech WP nitrogen fill bolt the way to go on these? Other wise it looks like a special tool might be needed (have not removed the bolt yet).

Also what weight and volume of oil is recomended? Its hard to find much info on these little shocks.

Cheers

I use 150psi in them Roo. Yes, it does take a special adapter to fill them. I have the WP tool for filling PDS shocks through the existing allen bolt and it came with a special adapter for these shocks.

You probably could use the RT bolt but I'm not real keen on them as most I've seen from others installing them have eventually leaked.

That shock is an emulsion shock so make sure to leave an air space when you put it together so that it doesn't hydro lock.

doc

Thanks Shockdoc. I have the Race Tech tool for the WP shocks so I'll have a look to see if they do an adapter. I'm aware that the RT bolt is prone to leaks but I was thinking that perhaps in this case with it being an emulsion shock that the oil may help to prevent this. Thanks for your time.