I know there's a ton of boot threads, but... Oxtar?

Well, they basically work just like hinged ankles. They have limiting straps that restrict how far the ankle can move. I had TCX pros for 2 years and they were very comfortable right from the beginning and I felt they offered very good protection. They were also very waterproof, I never got wet feet with them even when I stepped in over the boot and water got in the inner bootie seemed to keep my foot dry. My only complaint was the buckles. They were difficult to undue. If you didn't pull up on the strap as you opened the buckle, the buckle would pull through into the strap hole and get stuck if that makes any sense. Mine held up well and I still keep them as backup boots. I now have Sidi's because I got a great deal but if Oxtar had better buckles, I'd buy them again.

I love mine i rode A-Star Tech 8's for 4 years and then swithched to oxtar. They are extreamly comfortable i feel like they stick to the pegs better. I also felt they had better ankle protection and feeel safer.

They also have great customer support.

I rode in mine for over a year and the stitching in the back of the heel that holds the soul of the boot on came undone i called them up figuring they would put a new soul on and restitch it. they said to send my boots in with an adress and a week later i had a brandnew pair of boots.

they have a great thing going I highly recomend them ?:ride:

I have a the Pro model, good boots. I have a wide foot and they fit fine, though the bootie is a bit snug. The sliding mechanism is not made of a real stiff material, so the ultimate ability to stop your ankle from twisting isn't quite what I'd like. However, after looking at some SG10's, their wishbone is made of a similar material. I'll also second the bitch about the buckles, that could be better engineered.

The soles are wearing great, they're not too difficult to walk in, and I have great bike feel with them on. Large impacts from casing jumps are taken in stride with the stiff soles.