Sign in to follow this  

cam specs

would anyone know what is the stock cam specs for 04 250x and the stock 06 250r cam specs are?....deciding to put the o6 r cam in the X or get a hot cam? any opinions?

thanks but his site dont show the cam lift and duration....i want to compare the cams specs.

what power gain are you looking for (low, mid, high) end?

looking for more mid to top punch....gonna have the cam from my sons 06 250r and want to know how that cam would work on my 250x...i hear a hotcam is almost the same as a r cam?

my x has Dr D exhaust,open air box,jetted,boyesen quick shot...trying to get more punch out of the bike and keep the e-start!

looking for more mid to top punch....gonna have the cam from my sons 06 250r and want to know how that cam would work on my 250x...i hear a hotcam is almost the same as a r cam?

my x has Dr D exhaust,open air box,jetted,boyesen quick shot...trying to get more punch out of the bike and keep the e-start!

Close to a point....

The 06R cam is a knock off of the 04 250R cam. Very good in the mid to top power department. RHC has a slighly better cam that pull a tad more with more mid torque. It is a regrind so you need a R core.

The HotCam is very good for all but top experts that wring the neck out of the bike. The X transmission will like the low to mid snap of the Hot Cam for most riders. It can be lugged or ridden. I had no issues riding the bike with a Hot cam as the punch was nice for me, Vet/Senior rider.

Currently we have the 04R cam in our bike with our other mods, 262 Hi Comp, 05 head ported, R flywheel... The bike can be chugged over thae nasties but a flick of the clutch it is like a 125 screamer on steroids as my son likes it.

If interested PM me as I have a good Hot cam for sale. $60 shipped to your door or anyones in the USA. Junior said dump it as he likes the bike as set up.

hey bodyman thanks for the info....but so how does the hotcam compare to the 04 r cam? or the stock cam...i still want to crawl on the slow nasty stuff but need more pull or punch on the hills and fast areas...and how many hours on the cam and would you still ship to hawaii for 60.00? thanks.

I have almost the same set up in my 04 250x except FMF exhaust and would be interested in the cam you have for sale if you did not already sell it.