Sign in to follow this  

What to do to help clean my bike?

I've got all this stained dirt and it's just filthy. I've been trying simple green, but that only works on the plastics pretty much. How can I get all this dirt off and make it look new again? Does the Engine Degreaser (for cars) work good, or will it make the situation worse?

8debe549.jpg

adc42eae.jpg

78f98220.jpg

2f332809.jpg

Thanks.

Carb cleaner (Gumout). Spray it on a rag, and wipe...it will come right off. I use it on everything that is hard to get on my bike (up in linkage, behind carb, up into engine, etc...) my bike looks awesome, better than showroom. It will pretty much clean off any crap on chain, boot wear, etc... I swear by it.

carb cleaner can be bad on some metals and it will fade ur palstic and graffix. I use Liquid Performance Cycle wash. It ahs a degreaser and cuts all the grease from chain wax and other oils with our damaging metals and plastics.

Wait till this winter, tear it all down, and like barch88 said use carb cleaner, and then buff it out, rubbing compound on a buffing wheel with a drill or get real anal and use a dremel.use a little wd-40 for protection, add new plastic and you got the factory look. but just remember that first muddy day in springtime...oh well.

I use ALUMINUM SAFE wheel cleaner and a small scrub brush on the engine, wheels, spokes, sprockets & swing arm.

Works great

we use super clean, its in automotive, just spray, scrub, rinse. just don't leave on very long,

i got this stuff called grease lightning...after i wash my bike with simple green i spray that on the enging and let it sit for like 3-5 seconds then take the hose to it...looks great and no scrubbing hard to reach spots..

Like I posted on pinger talk, goto a super wally world and get this stuff called Cameo. Make it into a paste, scrub with scotch brite pad and wash off.

Have u tried powerwash?

Everytime after i ride i go to a self carwash and use powerspray and it works great. If im too tired to wash my bike after i ride and decide to was it the next day, i use all kinds of dufferent lubes. When i had my 2 stroke and had to get rid of all the oil, i would use Engine Gunk and it worked great!!! I usuallly use Armor All for my plastics and graphics nad that makes them look like new!

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Load her up on the back of your truck and take the whole shabang through the auto car wash....done deal :thumbsup:

i got this stuff called grease lightning...after i wash my bike with simple green i spray that on the enging and let it sit for like 3-5 seconds then take the hose to it...looks great and no scrubbing hard to reach spots..

I would be extremely careful with greased lightning on your bike, that stuff is very powerful.

I use simple green and a power washer and it keeps the engine clean.

Load her up on the back of your truck and take the whole shabang through the auto car wash....done deal :thumbsup:

You have never tried to remove that kind of gunk have you? If it were that easy, that would be nice.

I just got done scrubbing the good half of my CR250 case to make it match the new one .. the cameo stuff works wonders on aluminum or stainless steel.

For the cameo, which do you get? Porcelin or stainless steel? Half cameo half water, mix it up then scrub with it?

If you're talking about the stuff thats on the bare aluminum. I would just use a 600 grit wet/dry paper on it. I use it on my wheels all the time. 600 wont remove enough metal to damage anything just sand with the grain thats already there. Will clean it right up and make it shine again.