Sign in to follow this  

I like mine well done...

welldone.jpg

What happens when you continue to run the original Trailtech Flywheel...Funny thing was I never noticed any running difference...I found it today when replacing the original with the Gen 2 Flywheel...Moose replacement stator already ordered from TTShop...

It's amazing that it still worked! What causes that to happen with those flywheels? Will TrailTech foot the bill for the new stator? Seems like they should.............

Nah...We were warned 3 months ago about it...I installed mine right before I went on vacation and didn't have time to deinstall it thinking the new Trailtech Flywheel would arrive while I was in the States...It was delayed longer and when I got back I decided to chance it thinking the new replacement would get here any day...Well it took another 6 weeks after I got back to get mine...But I should have removed it...No big deal...I just went for a ride with the toasty one after changing my cam chain and putting in the new flywheel and adjusting my valves...Running great so if it can keep running for another 3 weekend rides then I'll be OK as the Moose unit will be here by about then...

(Part of me leaving it in was also curiosity to see if it would happen to mine as well...I can confirm most assuredly...)

It's amazing that it still worked! What causes that to happen with those flywheels? Will TrailTech foot the bill for the new stator? Seems like they should.............

IIRC, the old/first trailtech flywheel had stronger magnets that raised the current output of the stock stator. The stock stator had to much resistance to handle the increased output and too much heat was produced and you can see the result. It's about the same thing that happens to the voice coils on speakers when you run to many watts to them.... uhh, minus all the oil. :thumbsup:

TT worked it out with Trailtech and there is a new flywheel available.