Sign in to follow this  

Scorr tyrail maintenence day 8/26

SCORR Trail Maintenence day this Saturday August 26th

----- Original Message -----

Hi,

Could all of you please forward to your various groups to try and get the word out to all of your various groups? SCORR needs to have a good showing, and an extra 20 (or 50) people would be great! I’ll be traveling to Dallas, so won’t be able to be there, but my thoughts and best wishes are.

Thanks,

Dennis Larratt

10990 N. Sunshine Dr.

Littleton, CO 80125

phone 303-470-5770

cell 720-530-9974

fax 303-683-1790

larratt@mho.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCORR members and fellow OHV enthusiasts,

I just want to emphasize how important it is for everyone to show up Saturday for this maintenance day. The US Forest Service, the Town of Breckenridge and Summit County have all cut through red tape to enable us to have this opportunity. There is lots of attention on this day and what our group is willing to do. What we do this Saturday tells these three governing bodies (that control the future use of our riding areas) how interested and committed we are to the future of off-road riding in Summit County. If only a few show up, it will send a message that only a few really care. If many show up, it will demonstrate that many care and are willing to help out when the need arises.

We have been told by several people who sit on the County Openspace committee (whom are deciding the fate of our riding privilege in the Golden Horseshoe) that this day will go a long way in demonstrating our public stewardship and ability to back up the claims we have been making for months.

If anyone needs a ride or other assistance in getting to this event, let me know. For those that may not know the location of this trail head, you head East at the 7-11 that is just North of Breckenridge. Shortly after turning, you veer right at the “Y” and continue on for a couple of miles. After driving through the housing developments, the road turns to gravel and the trail head is located on the right side of the road. We meet there at 9am and then hike/ride/4wh up the hillside into the Golden Horseshoe with our tools, etc.

If you have any riding friends that are not on this email list, please forward this to them.

Thanks.

Mike Hawkins

Alpine Link Corporation

Your link to reaching peak potential.

www.alpinelink.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning fellow riders and SCORR Members!

This Saturday is the first opportunity we have as the motorcycle user group to prove to the world that we are willing to work to preserve our right to ride in the Golden Horseshoe near Breckenridge. SCORR is sponsoring a trail maintenance day! We will be working to re-vegetate an area on the west edge of an area known as Lincoln Meadows. This area on the edge of the wetlands has been severely torn up by motorized users and has given us a bad reputation with the other user groups as well as anyone the least bit interested in preserving our natural resources. The work in this area that has traffic from all user groups will go a long way to improve the outdoor experience for all user groups, further entrench our resolve, and, if this makes the Summit Daily News as planned, provide a beacon to attract other Off Road Riders interested in our cause.

Meet at the trailhead at the bottom of Humbug Hill at the end of county maintenance sign on French Gulch Road at 9:00am. We will be working until 5:00 but feel free to show up for just the morning or afternoon if that is what you can do. What to bring:

Work gloves

Water

Lunch

Bug Spray

Sun Screen

Sunglasses

Rain Gear

Wear comfortable clothing and bring clothing in case it gets chilly and rainy

The Town of Breckenridge, Summit County, and the US Forest Service have really helped our cause by pushing the approval of this project thru much quicker than normal. Signs making the re-vegetating areas will be provided by the Forest Service and SCORR will be applying our stickers to them.

I will have signs to get you from the trailhead to the work site if you miss the 9:00 meeting

Please reply to this message only if you will be attending and let me know how much of the day you are available.

Thanks!

Chuck Ginsburg

SCORR – Summit County Off Road Riders

Home 970-668-2125

Cell 970-390-5600

Office 970-476-9457 x267

cginsburg@ssv.net

Why are we only hearing about this 24 hours before you need the bodies?

This is the type of event that I would like to support and participate in. However, like a lot of people I imagine, I've made commitments that can't be broken on 24hours notice.

If you really want people to participate, give us a little more notice! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how many people would be willing to donate their time.

Nevertheless, I wish you the best of luck this weekend!

I just recieved this last evening from another source myself. Thought I might post it anyway.

Well please pass it back along to them, that we (Colorado riders) would like to have the opportunity to support them as well as initiatives like this - we just need a little more notice (BTW they posted the same message on the RMEC site last night as well).

It kinda bothers me that your first reaction is one of defense. I had hoped for a repsponse of concern, at the very least. It seems to me that if you are so willing and supportive efforts like this this that maybe you should have posted this yourself two weeks ago. I was only trying to rally some support for a good cause (albeit late) and you have decided to separate yourself into us and them ("my people"), I would think that you would be helpful and forward this to people that might have the time. Have a good day tomorrow, whatever you are doing.

It kinda bothers me that your first reaction is one of defense. I had hoped for a repsponse of concern, at the very least. It seems to me that if you are so willing and supportive efforts like this this that maybe you should have posted this yourself two weeks ago. I was only trying to rally some support for a good cause (albeit late) and you have decided to separate yourself into us and them ("my people"), I would think that you would be helpful and forward this to people that might have the time. Have a good day tomorrow, whatever you are doing.

Talk about defensive - &%$#@!.

My intent (and my wording to the best of my ability) was to encourage the group to be more proactive. If nothing else, this forum has proven to be an effective tool for generating support of these types of initiatives.

Had I been provided this notice earlier, I would have been more than happy to post it as soon as it was available.

I hope the work party was successful.

Had I been provided this notice earlier, I would have been more than happy to post it as soon as it was available.

I hope the work party was successful.

Well, I showed up and nobody was there. I can't find anything on SCORR's website about it. :thumbsup:

Any date set for a reshedule of the work? I'd like to join, if and when it happens this season.