Clarke 3.9 Questions

Search around a bit man.

There are two metal guides on the frame. They help to route the throttle cables and wiring. I had to bend mine forward so they wouldn't hit the tank.

My left side radiator almost (like 1/32th of an inch) touches the tank. Vibration makes it touch and it leaves a little black mark. I don't know if it would ever be a problem but I stuck a piece of an old tube in between the parts so I don't have to worry about it.

I have the natural tank but I think they make a blue one that you can see through. Someone will have a definite answer.

I just installed a blue Clarke and I love it. Some adjustments were required but it was worth it. I have about 100 miles on the tank in various off-road, dusty trails and roads and I could almost always see the fuel level clearly. Very cool "feature".

I have the black Clarke 3.9 and it is obviously not a see-thru.It matches the stock color very nicely though.I reset the trip odometer every time I fill up so I have a really good idea how much fuel I have left.I don't switch to reserve until I have traveled about 140-150 miles.The reserve seems to be about a gallon.I also lay the bike over on the left side until the footpeg just touches to transfer as much fuel from the right side as possible.Overall I've been able to go 175 miles plus on a full tank if I don't hammer on the bike.

I also forgot to mention that the install is pretty straight forward,common sense stuff.Some things may interfere slightly like the cable guides on the frame just ahead of the tank and they will need to be gently pushed forward a little bit to keep from chafing a hole in the tank.You also may have trouble with the choke not pulling out all the way and it may need to be trimmed.I had to trim the upper seat mount bracket to allow the Suzuki Low Gel seat to go on easily.The tank also works good with the Unabiker guards.So it's just the little stuff like I said,nothing major.