Sign in to follow this  

MXA 07 yz 250 test

This bike is tested in the October issue. Obviously the changes are minimal. They said the bike lost 1 lb of weight due to aluminum hardware being used in the chassis.

They are still pushing the v force reed and pro circuit works pipe.

They also claim the new needle, N3EW, does not ping like the 06 stock needle does.

I dont believe I ever tried the v force reed with the pro circuit pipe. I may give this a try this weekend.

I''ve used the v-force 3 and pro circuit pipe on my 05. The V-force seems as good as stock but the pipe is not great by any means. Same results as I think you found before, less bottom end and no real gain.

I was using the procircuit 304 (not shorty) silencer but with DEP front pipe but have just picked up a DEP silencer. Going to try it this weekend. Weight wise it seems a lot lighter than the procircuit. It's a bit longer and the pipe work is straighter, there is also no back pressure ring in the end of the pipe like on the procircuit. Hoping for even more over-rev and top end power.

Will report back....

I put the N3EW in my 06 and didn't notice anything except a mellowed out midrange. I thought I was getting detonation just off the pilot jet, but I get it with both needles with or without race gas mixed with 91 octane. What does 2-stroke detonation feel/sound like?

I didn't think there would be too many changes for 07'. The ProTapers are a nice touch.

Hope people keep buying them!

This bike is tested in the October issue. Obviously the changes are minimal. They said the bike lost 1 lb of weight due to aluminum hardware being used in the chassis.

They are still pushing the v force reed and pro circuit works pipe.

They also claim the new needle, N3EW, does not ping like the 06 stock needle does.

I dont believe I ever tried the v force reed with the pro circuit pipe. I may give this a try this weekend.

It sucks Roland, pretty much anyways. PC- Vforce combo is nothing impressive for this bike. waste of 30 minutes at the track puttin on and then takin it off :ride:

I know you wanna justify the $200 plus for the stuff collectin dust on the shelf. Just hide it or box it up :thumbsup:

I think your right. I will box the thing up and put it away for good. I wish a person coudl slightly trust the magazines, but I knwo your right.

I know there are mixed reviews of the VF3 but I am running it with the stock pipe and PC304 long silencer and I love it. Fat.....wide...pull forever power with bark off the bottom. But I am easily impressed LOL

3cc6273c.jpg

my 07 yz 250 suspension is way to soft. softer than my 06 yz 125 anyone else finding the samething or is it just me . i noticed they went out on the high speed 3/4 turn from last year on the shock. also noticed mxa went back in to 1 turn. any feed back would be great.

Them MXA guys are Goons. been reading their crap for years. But i like the pictures, just don't like to read the articles.

They do give pretty good interviews umm sometimes.

Satch, thanks fo rposting that picture. Its my new background.

Soemhow my little granddaughter got the idea that was me in the photo. LOL

I want to do some more research and find out just what bolts yamaha changed to aluminum. I found a bunch of titanium hardware once for 50 cents a pound. I bought all that they had.

used mxa setting today except for fork rebound settled on 9 out instead of 10 and did not have the 43 spring just the stock 42. but what a diffrence the suspension no longer feels like plush mush. setting gives a nice firm but not jarring ride braking bumps whoops, corners exceleration all betterr.try them before you do anything else to your suspension. 185lbs int rider and love the settings :thumbsup::ride::applause:

Excellent! I applaud you for buying the 07. I just washed my 05.....what a sweet bike. Too bad most people have "Hemi" itis and don't get the opportunity to experience these sweet machines.

:thumbsup:

Them MXA guys are Goons. been reading their crap for years. But i like the pictures, just don't like to read the articles.

They do give pretty good interviews umm sometimes.

I think their articles are pretty good. Plus,MXA is the most pro 2-stroke MX mag there is.

I know there are mixed reviews of the VF3 but I am running it with the stock pipe and PC304 long silencer and I love it. Fat.....wide...pull forever power with bark off the bottom. But I am easily impressed LOL

3cc6273c.jpg

Great picture! Even better, there is another YZ 250 in the background!

I should have my '07 in 2 weeks. Can't wait to get back on a 2 stroke!

used mxa setting today except for fork rebound settled on 9 out instead of 10 and did not have the 43 spring just the stock 42. but what a diffrence the suspension no longer feels like plush mush. setting gives a nice firm but not jarring ride braking bumps whoops, corners exceleration all betterr.try them before you do anything else to your suspension. 185lbs int rider and love the settings :thumbsup::ride::applause:

Qwert, can you give me MXA's full settings? I found that the stock was all over the place. I would like to try them allong with UpAllNight's settings. Thanks

fork comp 12 rebound 10 i went with 9

shock comp 11 hscomp 1turn and rebound 9 race sag 98mm

try it i think you will like it i tried stock after using these setting and the bike felt like it was setup for trail riding with stock settings

I personally have never found mag settings to be anywere close. I dont think its because they dont know what thier doing, but instead i think it has to do with the tracks they ride.

For me a bike needs to be able to handle nasty chop, whoops and big G outs as well as corner as well as possible. I like a stable yet aggressive setup.

With the MXA recommended 98mm sag, I wonder what they set the forks at in the clamps? The only way I could see 98mm being stable (on the YZ chassis) enough is if you have the forks down really far in the clamps. And at that point the bike will loss some cornering agility.

For me, I like my (06 YZ250) forks raised 8mm and the sag at about 101.5, which gives me about 28mm static sag. That setting allows the bike to be stable in the straights, yet corner as sharp as the stock clamps are gonna allow.

As for the comp and rebound, I cant comment because i dont know if they changed the dampening any for 07 (vs the 06).

Im running VF3 with FMF rev/shorty on my 125....it pulls like shit untill the powerband (where its made to be riddent at) and it just unleashes the beast with in :thumbsup: damn i need a 250 :ride:

Im running VF3 with FMF rev/shorty on my 125....it pulls like shit untill the powerband (where its made to be riddent at) and it just unleashes the beast with in :thumbsup: damn i need a 250 :ride:

Well the rev pipe is made for higher rpm and the shorty is for low end gains. So I'm not sure about that setup, it seems to contradict the purpose of one for another. Maybe it balances it out, but it don't seem like it. Try a fatty pipe or the stocker.