Sign in to follow this  

Fair price for a DRZ engine

What would you expect to pay for a 2005 DRZ400E engine that was only started once? -Steve

Steve, I've seen yours on Ebay......sorry you've got to sell it.

I've seen a few engines go for around $750. They were whole and used. I'd think you should get that or better yet, around $1,000. You just never know with Ebay. Could be sold for more if the bidding fever takes hold.......

Good luck.

I have been watching as i have a "spare" engine as well. The one went for 1.4K then yours I think it topped 880 there is one on there now at about 250 ish. There is no way I will let mine go for less than 1K. Drop a head and you are out way more than that. I would strip the components off the outside and sell them first.

It does look like 800 to 900 is the going rate though. That one bike got parted out and prices were absolutely ridiculous. Kinda makes you wonder. I have yet to see any prices get that close since but there have been 5 bikes parted out in the last 4 weeks. Which has had some impact I would think.

Yea, I've got my stock '06 SM motor I need to sell also, which has about 600 miles on it. I'm hoping to get about 1K for it as well. Won't need it any more since I bought the brand new kicker motor.

Yea, I've got my stock '06 SM motor I need to sell also, which has about 600 miles on it. I'm hoping to get about 1K for it as well. Won't need it any more since I bought the brand new kicker motor.
The only problem I see Doc is the fact that you live in Hawaii. Shipping will be through the roof.

Yea, I know - that is ALWAYS a problem for me. I'll probably have to do a flat rate of a 75 bucks or something like that and just eat the rest. :thumbsup: