Sign in to follow this  

EMN needle alternative

what is a good alternative to the ocemn needle if it is not available or on backorder?

i was thinking about the EFN but am not sure how having the taper start sooner would effect. of course it is going to get into the needle sooner and run richer but how much is the question. to "F" or not to "F", that is the question.

so is there an alternative that i could use until i get an ocemn off of backorder, or should i just put in a new needle jet and use my old needle until i can get one. you suggested my needle jet was possibly worn out so i was just gonna replace both since they work together but how often do needles get worn out? i already have the jet ordered.

would a EMM or EMP work if i adjusted my pilot circuit to work with the needle?

by the way thanks for your time and the knowledge you dish out here eddie. :thumbsup:

A good substitute for the EMN is the ELN, which has the same taper and diameter but is 1 1/2 notches richer. The ELN needle is available through Yamaha as an optional needle for the YZ450.

hey thanks chas

i guess the part number would be 5TA-14916-LN-00. i will give it a try. while i wait for the emn from backorder.