Sign in to follow this  

Need new Tires

Just looking for some opinions on which tires to buy. I'm doing everything from desert to forest to rock to street so I need a tire that will hang tough.

Dunlops are a fair tire,as long as your not into to much mud! But they do last better than most. Good luck.

The Teraflex II does it all, lasts long and is priced well too. Fits fine on a DRZ.

Even when the center knobs are worn down to nothing, that tire will still chew thru all kinds of stuff.

I have 1800 miles on mine (about 1000 pavement) and the center knobs are about half wore down from new.

The next best choice for a rear is a Kenda Trackmaster II. Great tire for the money.

BJ

Seriously, my most recent setup is by far the best. Maxxis IT Front standard, IT rear Desert. They hookup awsome and seem to be holding up as well as any other tire I've run. I've also run the T-Flex and it had it's enviorments where it really shined but for the most part I did not care for it. I've run the Trackmaster II and that's a good rear, as well as the Mich S-12, that was awsome hookup short lasting. The D606 is a great tire if your doing a bunch of street riding there, if not no need for the sacrifice in traction. The Maxxis is also a killer price bargain so it's a WIN WIN.

I'll second the Maxxis Desert IT Rear, but I'm running an IS front. Very impressive combo so far in rocky, sandy, steep So. Cal. conditions.

Probably not the best on the street, though.