Sign in to follow this  

Disc protection

I need some disc protection front aand rear for my 2006 TE-250.

What works?

Thanks

Dale Wickline

2006 TE-250 plated in Maryland

You need to get out and ride with other Huskys in Maryland! We're riding Saturday, check your PM.

ARod

I need some disc protection front aand rear for my 2006 TE-250.

What works?

Thanks

Dale Wickline

2006 TE-250 plated in Maryland

I have Rooster on the back of my TE250 and it works great. Had the front on order since Feb with Rooster also. Just shipped yesterday. They had to re-design the '06 front protector. Rooster Performance

I discovered that the IMS rear guard off my Honda CR would bold right up to my WR. Of course it's going to have the nice looking finished side facing in, and the "IMS" backwards.

Well also consider that you spend $40 in gas getting somewhere, $20 in food, three other people are with you and you hit a rock a half mile from your truck and your day is over because your disk is L shaped. Or, worse yet you are into the day $100 for racing and your running a great race all is going good, your going to place well and your day ends early because your front rotor is so bent so bad the front wheel no longer rotates. I buy protection because i ride long off road rides / races and I do not like failure to end my day / weekend.

So true Ride. But until someone comes up with a nicer looking disc guard then roosters design.....I am gonna pass and risk it. I mean look at that "blingy" thang! Who's the pimp daddy that designed that item! Now if I wanted to wear it on a gold chain at the year end awards banquet...hey that's an idea.....

Joe

But until someone comes up with a nicer looking disc guard then roosters design.....I am gonna pass and risk it.

I did.

What size chain would you like? Gold or silver?

K

I did.

K

I think Joe would be Mack-Daddy with a 520ERT2

I did.

K

YO BOOOOOY! I want a sick Gumby gold link 520 with fresh purple side plates with about 70 links. BAAAMMM! Know what I'm saying. Fresh...like a new air filter..straight outta da box! Hang Dat guard and be stylin as I pick up my goodies at the banquet. BAAAMM!

Joe

So true Ride. But until someone comes up with a nicer looking disc guard then roosters design.....I am gonna pass and risk it.

Joe

I was at Uptite in early July. I stopped by several Husky dealers while I was out there, but I'm pretty sure it was George's shop where I was told he is working on a disc guard that provides more protection than what is out there. Maybe it's ready now.

I ordered some disk protection etc. from rooster I payed through paypall Its been two weeks no shipping date or nothing. Not happy

I love my Rooster disc guards! :applause:

Thanks Ride for designing such functional yet appealing guards. :thumbsup:

TEmods013.jpg

TEmods012.jpg

Yes indeed! I do as well! Guess I don't get the "bling" factor that others see. :applause:: Anyway, here's the front guard in gray on my TE250. Looks pretty damn nice!

20060906_0003.jpg:thumbsup:

Hey, where do you guys ride ion Maryland? I'm out here on the Eastern shore near OC, But willing to travel to ride good trails. I have family all over Md and I'm from the DC area, anyhow.

Thanx, BTW those Disc guards look cool, I need some before I hit the trails away from the shore here, It's all sand out here no "real" dirt! LOL